GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Remove Torque limiter Via Vag-Com (How To)

EvilJazz

I dont have Starting Vibration option on my Obdeleven for some reason on my MK7.5 (2018) What the F***???? I need to fully turn off this crap

BTD37

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Ok I have read through the entire thread but still need some clarification

1. What is the difference between deactivating "starting vibration reduction" and deactivating torque limiter?

2. Should I just deactivate "starting vibration reduction" as post #1 suggests or do I deactivate both?

3. With ESC still fully on and this mod, traction control should still kick in correct? Yes I understand ESC is for yaw, but ASR should still limit the wheels from slipping when ESC is fully enabled, yes?

4. With ASR just off and this mod, the wheels should spin freely, however if the car gets squirmy, ESC will still limit slippage so the car doesn't lose control, correct?

Go7R

Ok I have read through the entire thread but still need some clarification

1. What is the difference between deactivating "starting vibration reduction" and deactivating torque limiter?

2. Should I just deactivate "starting vibration reduction" as post #1 suggests or do I deactivate both?

3. With ESC still fully on and this mod, traction control should still kick in correct? Yes I understand ESC is for yaw, but ASR should still limit the wheels from slipping when ESC is fully enabled, yes?

4. With ASR just off and this mod, the wheels should spin freely, however if the car gets squirmy, ESC will still limit slippage so the car doesn't lose control, correct?

Regarding 4. YES - It is a great setting. ESC still intervenes in risky situations but wheels spin freely! when accelerating straight forward. It is the fastest way to accelerate and to feel FULL power potential of your car without being held back by electronic disturbers...

BTD37

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Regarding 4. YES - It is a great setting. ESC still intervenes in risky situations but wheels spin freely! when accelerating straight forward. It is the fastest way to accelerate and to feel FULL power potential of your car without being held back by electronic disturbers...

Now how about ESC Sport and this mod? Is ASR fully off in ESC sport? If so that would be the best of both worlds: The wheels spin freely while the ESC lets you slip a bit.

hooville

Go Kart Newbie
Just did this on my car: 2016 GTI S, no PP, VCDS v18.9.0

Torque limitation was already deactivated from factory, I left it as is
Starting vibration reduction changed from strong to disabled, can't wait to take her out for a drive when the roads dry up tomorrow.

BTD37

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Just did this on my car: 2016 GTI S, no PP, VCDS v18.9.0

Torque limitation was already deactivated from factory, I left it as is
Starting vibration reduction changed from strong to disabled, can't wait to take her out for a drive when the roads dry up tomorrow.

How does it feel?

Go7R

Now how about ESC Sport and this mod? Is ASR fully off in ESC sport? If so that would be the best of both worlds: The wheels spin freely while the ESC lets you slip a bit.

ESC Sport is actually a bad JOKE. It still holds back lots of power and intervenes way to soon. Feel the huge difference when testing ESC Sport and ASR off.

At the end of the day ASR OFF is what every driver has secretely been dreaming of.

Klrider44

Go Kart Champion
ESC Sport is actually a bad JOKE. It still holds back lots of power and intervenes way to soon. Feel the huge difference when testing ESC Sport and ASR off.

At the end of the day ASR OFF is what every driver has secretely been dreaming of.

So just one click of the traction control is what I would want to obtain the least intervention? Or does ASR off need to be coded. Also do I want to remove the torque limiter (starting vibration) on a PP car. I am just very confused on this stuff now. I just want to be able to have the best performance out of the diff that the car allows I that makes sense.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I think he meant, coded for ESC full off (which inherently also disables ASR).

I’d disable “starting vibration reduction” and also look up the “increase traction on PP cars” tweak.

There is also an “increase throttle response” tweak that you may have seen. Jury is out as to whether or not this one does anything.

FastEggMk7

Ready to race!
So when i turn traction control off on my mk7 gti, something intervenes at times? Is that the ASR? I want everything off...... how do i do that?

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
Has anyone with an early build date 15 manual trans swapped in an different abs pump/assembly so they could deactivate torque steer comp or start vibration reduction? Maybe the firmware/software can be flashed? This is my last nanny issue I can't resolve!

stbou

Some say the torque limiter actually affect 1st and 2nd but I feel it may affect 3rd gear too. If I get confirmation that my third could be improved by this mod, I would pull the trigger for sure. I m uni stg 2 FBO and also among those who feel that 80% throttle gives more input than 100%(3rd 4th gear at least) and it's pretty annoying.
Recently I changed the throttle to "direct control over treshold" and it changed the car, so i'm looking at maybe removing all electronic possible...

stbou

Every time I use more than 50% throttle in 1st or second with my pilot super sports, ESC coded off, they are kicking in. It is brutally annoying.

Are they kicking in in 3rd gear somehow?

icin235

Passed Driver's Ed
Enter ABS controller, select adaptions, select "starting vibration reduction" from the drop-down menu, change the value from Strong to Deactivated.

Congratulations, enjoy full power with 0 intervention in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. It totally transforms the car. Now if only someone can figure out how to code out the launch control lag.

I've been trying to follow this thread but can't seem to keep up. It seems like a lot of people join and ask questions that have already been answered multiple times, but who wants to dig through 400+ posts?

A SUGGESTION. Could you edit the first post of this thread with the latest, greatest info on disabling torque limiter / XDS / ESC or whatever it is that makes our cars drive better and go faster? It will inform more people and prevent unnecessary and redundant posts. Thank you.