GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 FORMULA 1 SEASON

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Oh I wish this could end in Japan.

Taking my wife to London, Paris and Rome and we’re leaving today at 15:00 PST. We arrive in London just after the race :( Regardless, a Guinness for Lewis coz he’ll likely wrap it up before we return on Oct 21st.

On a more serious note, I predict Vettel will pull an Alonso within the next two seasons if Ferrari doesn’t stop screwing up. Granted, Vettel had his faults too.

Enjoy the race!

Pleasant flight and enjoy that trifecta of cities. Sounds like a great trip.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Thanks, BlueHen. This post is live from Gatwick!

Read the news of the race as WiFi became available. He’s 20 away from Michael! Amazeballs!

Last edited:

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
OK see you all next season lol.

Gotta be an immensely frustrating year for Ferrari fans. They were on track up until Germany and it's been a disaster since.

n0thing

Passed Driver's Ed
https://www.givemesport.com/1399844...stian-vettel-at-the-2013-brazilian-grand-prix Alonso voiced his opinions about this whole situation five years ago.

Before the start of the race I said to my wife "I wonder how Vettel will crash today?" It didn't take long to get that answer. At this point it's just laughable.

The rumor mill is stating Ferrari has had to turn their power units down for reliability now so that they can avoid penalties for changing power units. If that is the case then you can count Ferrari out unless Hamilton blows engines or crashes out for the rest of the season. Even then Vettel has to to do the same which seems even more unlikely.

Ferrari had the best car this season and couldn't pull it together. They can't even blame Mercedes because they had the better car for a change and they STILL couldn't win. It must suck being a Ferrari fan.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Mic Schumacher is closing in on his F3 championship and super license.

Since I started watching, Ive always felt Michael’s win at Imola when Senna crashed was sort of the torch being passed on. Then Lewis’ “stupid” move from McLaren to an unsuccessful Merc-AMG when Michael retired was another. As we know, he’s about to win his fourth DC with them and fifth overall.

Once Mic arrives, it’d be a great time for that torch to get passed once again to a future multiple WC.

Last edited:

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Wow some harsh words there...

My wife and I are ending an epic trip through London, Paris and Rome. In Rome as I type this and I can see where the words come from.

In 5 days, we’ve seen at least two arguments a day and 1 that almost got physical in the market in Campo di Fiori. They’re a passionate bunch and they they’re passionate about their home team.

Every time I mentioned I’m a fan of “formula uno”, they all erupted in “forza Ferrari!” while I hid my Lewis fandom in my back pocket LOL.

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
I don't know if I would prefer COTA to settle the championship or not. It will make the remaining races less interesting but with how Ferrari has been performing as a team I feel like it might be the kinder outcome. Ferrari could focus more on next season and maybe use the time to try things to get their house in order before next season.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Exciting race today. Long time coming on the victory for Kimi. Seb with another unforced error.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Fantastic race today, I was on my feet for the last 3 laps. So good to see Kimi win. Another unfortunate race day for Seb.. Next season :D