GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
Someone should make a sticky thread of all the options & pricing for turbos, it's starting to get hard to track options etc.

I respect your opinions highly due to the knowledge and information they generally contain, so I’m going to guess this was a roundabout, nice but sarcastic reference to it, but there is an “Aftermarket Turbo Options” thread already created. Lol.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
I respect your opinions highly due to the knowledge and information they generally contain, so I’m going to guess this was a roundabout, nice but sarcastic reference to it, but there is an “Aftermarket Turbo Options” thread already created. Lol.

Man navigating the options from a price, quality, blowing up ness, specs, and availability is crazy to keep up with. Especially with all the options that pop up!!

But I know what you mean haha.

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
Man navigating the options from a price, quality, blowing up ness, specs, and availability is crazy to keep up with. Especially with all the options that pop up!!

But I know what you mean haha.

I feel you, it would be nice to just have one strictly dedicated to the aforementioned information with a rating system of sorts. Preferably one that doesn’t get convoluted with all the extra happenings and turn into a long drawn out thread. Concise and to the point.

Strictly the options, their price points, a brief pro and con description and their likeliness for blowupness. One that doesn’t get convoluted with all the extra details as there are plenty of other threads with all that information and that would hopefully keep it down in page counts to sort through and read.

Something like...
OEM IS38: price range, install time, install difficulty, blowupness rating, where to purchase, supporting software, pros/cons and done

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
I feel you, it would be nice to just have one strictly dedicated to the aforementioned information with a rating system of sorts. Preferably one that doesn’t get convoluted with all the extra happenings and turn into a long drawn out thread. Concise and to the point.

Strictly the options, their price points, a brief pro and con description and their likeliness for blowupness. One that doesn’t get convoluted with all the extra details as there are plenty of other threads with all that information and that would hopefully keep it down in page counts to sort through and read.

Something like...
OEM IS38: price range, install time, install difficulty, blowupness rating, where to purchase, supporting software, pros/cons and done

You read my mind haha.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Someone should make a sticky thread of all the options & pricing for turbos, it's starting to get hard to track options etc.

I did make that thread - though it's hard to keep up with

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
If you guys go to my thread and PM me all the details I will start to update the first post to make it more relevant again!! It's too much work for me alone!

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Ed, what's the analysis of the blown turbo?

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
If you can't wait, DBV2 is $2200 with your blown IS38 as a core.

Def a few bucks more, but that's a proven badass turbo.

DBV2 it is. Not to Hijack, but got a deal I couldn't say no to. Plus a buddy selling me his 500 mile IS20 to get me back on the road till then. Thanks for the reminder.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Mine popped (IS38)in less than 5K miles. Brand new. Ordered my EQT turbo 2 days ago. Get a phone call from Patrick 10 minutes before they close to tell me they're on back order for around 10 days. Meanwhile I have no car for 2 weeks. Sucks. May look around for another alternative.

wow that sucks man. I have a brand new is38 also. Revision F. Which were you running? And how did it blow... maybe message me so this thread doesn't get hijacked lol.

MyGolfMk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
B5 S4, Mk7 GTI

Something like...

I'm assembling a table (here) for my own use since I find the threads less than ideal for comparing the numerous options.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Amazing... so many options for the MK7 now