GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
it's an actual launch control that builds boost as opposed to a rev limter

So potentially dumb question: Is it the updated Maestro ECU or Stage 3 TCU tune (or combination of both) that allow boost build in the LC function?

And does anyone know if it was only enabled in Stage 3 TCU revisions?

I have seen the Stage 3 TCU tune available for my box code, but am only Stage 2 Maestro LC file on an IS20. Been happy with my Stage 1 tune, but would love to have the updated LC functionality.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
the new launch control is kinda worthless for FWD. It's a dramatic improvement with AWD though. Like night and day. It also mitigates a good portion of the delay the stage 1 and 2 files had with launch control. I'm running it on a stage 2 meastro file.

You'll need to have the new loader in meastro, and then your tune.

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
The stage 3 TCU tune gets rid of launch control in the TCU. If you flash it and don't upgrade your ECU tune you will have no launch control. The launch control is now controlled by the ECU tune.

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
Why do you say it’s worthless for FWD? That doesn’t make any sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's saying that raising your launch control RPM/Boost on a FWD car will just result in more tire spin. But you could use the new launch control to lower your launch RPM to help traction. Also if you run slicks up front and are at a track a higher launch control RPM might be a good thing.

Travis9935

Ready to race!
We need a launch control for us fwd guys that will raise rpms yet limit wheelspin.... Like some kinda active traction control that doesn't kill performance. How is the Dodges lc setup? (the charger/challenger 392's and whatnot)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

MadMen

Ready to race!
He's saying that raising your launch control RPM/Boost on a FWD car will just result in more tire spin. But you could use the new launch control to lower your launch RPM to help traction. Also if you run slicks up front and are at a track a higher launch control RPM might be a good thing.

How do you change the launch rpm?

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
We need a launch control for us fwd guys that will raise rpms yet limit wheelspin.... Like some kinda active traction control that doesn't kill performance. How is the Dodges lc setup? (the charger/challenger 392's and whatnot)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I think there are signs pointing to that in the future or that it is here. The current launch control configuration option are:

1. Torque Controlled
2. Fuel Cut
3. Spark Cut

Default is option 3. Maybe it is just on Rev build and not post-launch TC, but that remains to be seen. There are no adjustment tables.

petempop

Passed Driver's Ed
I have tried Stage 3 TCU with Maestro Stage 2 ECU custom tuned and the LC is brutal, i.e. LC causes all 4 wheels to spin even got a Transmission overheating warning. My car is AWD and DSG. Anyone know how to reduce boost, i.e. is it by reducing "Stationary rev limit" parameter from to 3800 RPM to something lower?

By the way I don't see any loader files anywhere except for BT, hence I assume with Maestro Adjustable Stage 2 and Maestro stage 2 ECU file the LC is not enabled. Maybe I need to ask ED to make the loader file available for my VIN.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Setting LC:

1. Pull handbrake
  2. Vehicle neutral
  3. Rev engine to desired RPM
  4. Tap brake
  5. CEL should blink twice, LC RPM is now set. (you can change it later using the same method)

To launch:

1. Shut of traction control completely
  2. Ebrake off
  3. Press in clutch
  4. Rev to set LC limit
  5. Slay V8's
:D

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Setting LC:

1. Pull handbrake
  2. Vehicle neutral
  3. Rev engine to desired RPM
  4. Tap brake
  5. CEL should blink twice, LC RPM is now set. (you can change it later using the same method)

To launch:

1. Shut of traction control completely
  2. Ebrake off
  3. Press in clutch
  4. Rev to set LC limit
  5. Slay V8's
:D

Oh man I wish I had my gti on slicks to try this. I bet with my luck I would snap both axles :D

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
I've seen your 340 vids on youtube. Don't lie. You don't miss it. :D

Haha the bmw is a different animal... should be fun with meth, but I do miss the power of my gti...it would definitely smoke my 340i on a freeway roll :)