GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dkm stage 3 clutch

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Soooo I've been lurking on the forums for awhile and just wanted to chime in with my experience on the DKM. Waited a long time for this clutch and put it in over Labor Day weekend.

Long story short, pretty sure I'm having TOB issues as well. I used the FTE included with the kit and was scared to use it but hoped issues we're resolved after the long backorder of parts. I noticed immediate engagement after install.. like NO dead space. No dragging of the clutch in neutral or with the clutch pedal depressed, but getting into gear is like a workout. Driving to LA in stop and go traffic twice this week wasn't fun. Past day or two I can't get it in reverse even without turning the car off first. Put almost 400miles on the kit and safe to say it's definitely not disengaging the clutch. Bled it 5x probably as well. I'll be reaching out to DKM to make it right (and know they will) but just sucks I'll have to pull it again. Good news is now that I've done it once it won't be so bad ?

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Oh I've been creeping, just have been silent for awhile. Adulting is taking up too much time lol

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Soooo I've been lurking on the forums for awhile and just wanted to chime in with my experience on the DKM. Waited a long time for this clutch and put it in over Labor Day weekend.

Long story short, pretty sure I'm having TOB issues as well. I used the FTE included with the kit and was scared to use it but hoped issues we're resolved after the long backorder of parts. I noticed immediate engagement after install.. like NO dead space. No dragging of the clutch in neutral or with the clutch pedal depressed, but getting into gear is like a workout. Driving to LA in stop and go traffic twice this week wasn't fun. Past day or two I can't get it in reverse even without turning the car off first. Put almost 400miles on the kit and safe to say it's definitely not disengaging the clutch. Bled it 5x probably as well. I'll be reaching out to DKM to make it right (and know they will) but just sucks I'll have to pull it again. Good news is now that I've done it once it won't be so bad [emoji23]
Welcome back lol, hopefully that's all it is and they straighten it out fast. I will say it isn't that bad to pull after you have done it once, twice or even three times lol. At least through this last ordeal of mine they are now transitioning to oem tb and taking all those fte off the shelf

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion

Hunter's_MK7

Passed Driver's Ed
I just installed my DKM stage 3 over the weekend. I changed the gear oil to motul at the same time and bled the living hell out of the TOB and clutch during install. So far so good, I've put about 65 miles on so far and I'm loving it! But I hope I don't end up with TOB issues like so many are saying.
I did discover a decent gash on one of my tires, so now Im parked until i replace those and break this bad boy in!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I just installed my DKM stage 3 over the weekend. I changed the gear oil to motul at the same time and bled the living hell out of the TOB and clutch during install. So far so good, I've put about 65 miles on so far and I'm loving it! But I hope I don't end up with TOB issues like so many are saying.
I did discover a decent gash on one of my tires, so now Im parked until i replace those and break this bad boy in!

Motul Gear 300?
If so, perfect choice for Florida weather :cool:

Curious to hear your thoughts on how shifting feels once you have more seat time.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I use ROWE and like it so far.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
any update on the clutch?
Everything seems ok right now, no "strange noises" and shifts good, haven't banged gears yet so well see how that goes, car has had the stock tune on it for a little while and after my dealer visit tomorrow about my intake manifold runner flap codes I'll re tune it and see how it all works

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion

Glad to hear yours is working well! Did you use the FTE TOB it came with?

I'll be pulling my tranny this weekend for pics to send to DKM. Clifton called me this morning and was very helpful so glad to see they're doing everything they can to make things right.

Hunter's_MK7

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes I used the FTE TOB it came with. I tried to bleed it as thoroughly as possible before I put it in to hopefully dodge the issues people are having
Glad to hear yours is working well! Did you use the FTE TOB it came with?

I'll be pulling my tranny this weekend for pics to send to DKM. Clifton called me this morning and was very helpful so glad to see they're doing everything they can to make things right.