GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cruiser's GTI mk7

Cruiser

Ready to race!
Hey y'all, I'm still pretty new to the VW scene. It was only September 2016 that I got my first VW.
I must say though, that my days of extensive mods are behind me. (Pretty sure) But seriously, I don't have the time, energy or resources that I've had before.
I sure enjoy reading about what everyone else is doing just the same, and I'm humbled by the contributions people are making to the community. Thanks muchly!
So, thats me, an enthusiast, but not much activity or participation.
What's my point besides an introduction?
I wanted to share my excitement over some new wheels!
Yippee!

Attachments

• 2017-02-04 14.01.03.jpg
    2017-02-04 14.01.03.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 1,850

DeathKing

Passed Driver's Ed
TSW Bathurst? Nice! I have them on my B5 and was thinking about doing the same on the silver GTI but went with something else.

What are the specs and tires you're going with?

These are 17x9 with 235/40 Falkens

Cruiser

Ready to race!
TSW Bathurst? Nice! I have them on my B5 and was thinking about doing the same on the silver GTI but went with something else.

What are the specs and tires you're going with?

These are 17x9 with 235/40 Falkens

Dude! You have a B5 and a mk7? Nice! Your bathurst look like 18's. Looks good.
Mine are 18x8.5 +43, have DW 245 35 waiting to go on.. Wheels are at body shop right now for a two tone paint job.
What wheels did you go with?

DeathKing

Passed Driver's Ed
I was supposed to sell the B5 but didn't have the heart :)

I agree they look like 18s. I went with VMR V804s which are 18x8 +42, don't have any good pics at the moment.

Cruiser

Ready to race!
Yeah man, the v804's were on my final wheels list.
In the end, I couldn't pass up a good deal on the bathurst.
You lowered yet? I'm trying to resist it, but when my wheels go on, I'll see if I can live without it.

DeathKing

Passed Driver's Ed
Same. I'm going try and fall in love with the stock height because I really don't want to give up ground clearance or comfort.

It doesn't look off at stock height with these style wheels unlike a lot of other cars at least. But yeah maybe VWRs down the road.

Cruiser

Ready to race!
Didn't get my wheels painted, got tired of waiting for body shop to get to them. I wanted them on my car, Now! Figured I can always paint them later myself, even with tires mounted.
So anyways, glad I got the 8.5 width because it really squares up the 245's on the ground. Major hookup, even in the rain! I was surprised at the launch capability now. LSD is now able to do it's job, it's excellent by the way. Couldn't realize this until now.
I weighed the wheels at 18.66 lbs. With tires mounted, 40 lbs total. Lost a lot of weight, gained a lot of traction.
Wheels are 18x8.5 +43, 10mm rear spacer. Originally bought the 10&15 ecs flush kit for the Austins with the plan of using the front spacer on the rear when I got my new wheels. Tires are 245/35/18. Still on stock suspension. Will have better pics when the car is washed and we have good weather here.

Attachments

• 2017-02-17 18.29.27.jpg
    2017-02-17 18.29.27.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 975
  • 2017-02-17 18.30.39.jpg
    2017-02-17 18.30.39.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 725
Last edited:

Cruiser

Ready to race!
Finally installed the deAutoLED cornering lights, very nice!
Now I don't have an amber looking cornering that didn't match the xenon headlights.
A coworker had mentioned that I have a nice car but need to change my headlights because they are yellow. I said "no, I have the lighting package", but I quickly figured out that what he saw was the amber cornering.
Anyway, deAutoLED sent me the new adapters at my request. Great follow up customer service, by the way. I would rather call it a retaining clip, but regardless, it works just like the factory retainer.
They also suggested I try the install without the gold resistor that originally came with the kit.
It worked! No codes, and worked perfectly without the gold resistor.
Now for the kicker; the black ballast box fit inside the light assembly, so no cutting of the rubber dust cover was required!
Clean, cool.
I suppose though, that if I had needed the gold resistor, I would have had to make a hole in the dust cover because it gets hot from my understanding, so placing it in the housing would not be a good idea.
Small tip: the bulb is keyed, but has some room for rotational adjustment, so I turned one of them slightly to direct the light to be equal as the other side.