GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CTS Turbo FMIC - Modded Euros Problem

Provolone

Passed Driver's Ed
Ordered a CTS Turbo FMIC from Modded Euros about a month ago. Received it in two weeks, even though was promised much earlier. Packaging was completely intact, no damage. Got it mostly installed. Took off the protection on the ends and saw one end was not right. Spoke with Modded Euros over email. They offered no options other than a $50 refund. This is on a $700 item. Could not be returned since it was installed. They tried blaming FedEx, but the package had no damage at all. Any one else had issues with Modded Euros? I've ordered other things directly from CTS Turbo in the past without issue. I think the FMIC is working OK, but I paid for an undamaged unit. Not happy...:mad:

Attachments

• IMG_0780.jpg
    IMG_0780.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 535
  • IMG_0781.jpg
    IMG_0781.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 548

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Take the $50 and have a muffler shop use their tool to make it round again. You should have inspected the entire system before Fedex left. You needed to sign for the delivery, right?

Cruiser

Ready to race!
I wouldn't be happy either, but you have to consider that a seller would not want to be responsible for damage occuring during installation.
Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that's what happened.
I have no problem assuming you are honest, but let's face it, there are some who are not.
I wouldn't take the $50. because that is with the assumption that you damaged it and they are compromising by giving you money.
I guess we can all learn from this.
Inspect before install.

yosoydan

Ready to race!
I wouldn't be happy either, so I can understand the frustration.

If you're seeking a brand new IC from Modded Euros, then see what your options are to further explore that possibility (whether through Paypal, Fedex, or speaking with someone else at Modded Euros). Does ME or CTS offer a warranty on the product? Just some additional steps you want to take if this is what you're looking for.

Realistically, however, you've already installed the IC, so you would spend more time and energy if you receive a brand new one. If you're not happy with the $50 compensation, then you need to tell them what it would take to resolve this issue. I would speak with them again, either through these boards or give them another call. Let them know what you just said here-- that you paid for an undamaged unit, but in fact got one with some damage.

I cannot say whether that is "structural damage", but I do know that these things do happen with exhaust pieces/pipes, so you may want to go to a local exhaust shop and ask for their advice. If they say it's not a big deal and no serious damage has been created, then have them take care of the problem and you'll be on your way.

Provolone

Passed Driver's Ed
Take the $50 and have a muffler shop use their tool to make it round again. You should have inspected the entire system before Fedex left. You needed to sign for the delivery, right?

I would have inspected it had anything looked out of whack. I wanted to protect the ends during the installation, so I left the foam coverings on. It's frustrating because our feels to me it was shipped already damaged.

Provolone

Passed Driver's Ed
I wouldn't be happy either, so I can understand the frustration.

If you're seeking a brand new IC from Modded Euros, then see what your options are to further explore that possibility (whether through Paypal, Fedex, or speaking with someone else at Modded Euros). Does ME or CTS offer a warranty on the product? Just some additional steps you want to take if this is what you're looking for.

Realistically, however, you've already installed the IC, so you would spend more time and energy if you receive a brand new one. If you're not happy with the $50 compensation, then you need to tell them what it would take to resolve this issue. I would speak with them again, either through these boards or give them another call. Let them know what you just said here-- that you paid for an undamaged unit, but in fact got one with some damage.

I cannot say whether that is "structural damage", but I do know that these things do happen with exhaust pieces/pipes, so you may want to go to a local exhaust shop and ask for their advice. If they say it's not a big deal and no serious damage has been created, then have them take care of the problem and you'll be on your way.

I agree with what you are saying. I did communicate with two people. Asked for an increased refund amount, $100. Not a lot! They wouldn't budge at all. It felt like they truly didn't care about what happened. At this point I will refrain from further business with Modded Euros. Lesson learned.

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
I would except a return and a replacement, or a return and my money back, and nothing elese. $50 bucks is a slap in the face.

sent using Pide Piper middle out compression app

Provolone

Passed Driver's Ed
I would except a return and a replacement, or a return and my money back, and nothing elese. $50 bucks is a slap in the face.

sent using Pide Piper middle out compression app

Agreed. They wouldn't offer a return because it was already installed.

yosoydan

Ready to race!
I agree with what you are saying. I did communicate with two people. Asked for an increased refund amount, $100. Not a lot! They wouldn't budge at all. It felt like they truly didn't care about what happened. At this point I will refrain from further business with Modded Euros. Lesson learned.

I'm learning too man, glad to hear you're making the most of the situation. You could always PM someone from ME on the boards here and see if they can get in touch with someone else at ME. Let them know you're disappointed and unlikely to be a customer in the future.

If that doesn't work, then yeah, stay positive and enjoy the IC. It's a great mod and your car will be happy you did it!

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Honestly crappy situation. Hopefully it works out well. The other thing to keep in mind is ME is distributing a CTS made item so honestly could have been damage before they boxed it and sent it to them. Just another thing to think about. I also understand why they are stuck because the unit was installed.

Either way good luck and let us know the outcome ME is top notch so I'm sure they will make it as right as they can.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Not surprised. I have had poor luck with communication from CTS, plus my dogbone insert lasted 2 days before it bent.

Definitely take to a muffler/machine shop and get them to round it out. It is really unfortunate but when fixed will not affect performance.

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
OP, I feel ya. My AWE exhaust (purchased through Modded Euros) was the same situation. Packaging had no damage and the item seemed well packaged. Did not notice until 80% of the way through the install that the midsection had a badly dented end and so did one of the tip outlets. Like it had been dropped.

Sent pics and email to ME right away, and to their credit they got back to me in a timely fashion, even on a Sunday, but with no real solution offered. I ended up carefully correcting the pipes myself with a towel and vice grip as my car is my daily and I needed to finish the install that day. So... I never really got to discussing a return / refund situation.

I learned my lesson, too, of inspecting everything before installing. But I agree with you that especially with how much some of these items cost you shouldn't have to accept a damaged product, even if it happened in shipping. It's frustrating and hopefully Modded Euros we'll help you out more than $50 if you still want a replacement. Good luck!

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
OP, I feel ya. My AWE exhaust (purchased through Modded Euros) was the same situation. Packaging had no damage and the item seemed well packaged. Did not notice until 80% of the way through the install that the midsection had a badly dented end and so did one of the tip outlets. Like it had been dropped.

Sent pics and email to ME right away, and to their credit they got back to me in a timely fashion, even on a Sunday, but with no real solution offered. I ended up carefully correcting the pipes myself with a towel and vice grip as my car is my daily and I needed to finish the install that day. So... I never really got to discussing a return / refund situation.

I learned my lesson, too, of inspecting everything before installing. But I agree with you that especially with how much some of these items cost you shouldn't have to accept a damaged product, even if it happened in shipping. It's frustrating and hopefully Modded Euros we'll help you out more than $50 if you still want a replacement. Good luck!

With AWE those products are shipped right from the manufacturer even though purchase through modded euros usually and this is the case with a lot of items. So sometimes its not the selling company's actual fault that's all

iPhone using Tapatalk VIP