GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Without a downpipe you will not be able to generate the kind of boost you are requesting above 5000 RPM.

Thanks, buddy, did you feel better in this aspect with downpipe now?

Perry01

Ready to race!
I just got back from vacation yesterday and the downpipe is in a box in my garage. It goes on Saturday. Here is a log without downpipe or IC showing target, ECU psi and boost. The most I could get was +7 psi without DP.

Mk72015

Ready to race!
So I hit the track last weekend,

2016 Golf R: Mods are Water meth, E20, USP downpipe, Injen intake, Eurodyne stage 1.5 and Jb4 stack.

My best pass was 11.854 @117.4 pretty disappointing. The car kept breaking up in high RPMs around 6500 in 3rd and 4th gear. I logged the runs and I was not pulling any timing AFR looked right and trims as well. Even had RJ racing check them out and they looked fine.

Im thinking its my spark plugs causing this. I haven oem spark plugs so im gonna replace then with RS7 plugs and the correct gap and hopefully get a 11.5 around 120ish.

I had to keep letting out before the finish or else the car would go in limp mode, the light it throws says it random misfires. btw I know this is the GTI page, but no one talks on the R page lol.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Can you post a log using your absolute settings?. I thought people were having issues with hitting target using absolute, so additive was better for hitting target boost.

You won't always hit the target on absolute, sometimes on the peak it comes close and then stays linear though. It doesn't deviate far from it. I also found that if you turn up the lower end more, it will make it spoil up so it will get really close to the target by 4,000. It's going to always be trying to trick the ecu to doing something. The harder you try to trick it, the faster and more it will give. Start turning it up higher at 2,500. My settings are for a 1.8. They won't really work for you, but I'll share them. You can probably carry more up top. I have a downpipe and running about e25. With these settings I'm hitting 20psi by 3,400, peaking at 20.9psi and staying over 20 to almost 5,000. At 6,000 it tapers down to 15.
1,500-12.5
2,000-15.0
2,500-18.0
3,000-21.5
3,500-23.0
4,000-24.0
4,500-23.0
5,000-22.0
5,500-18.5
6,000-17.0
6,500-16.0
7,000-14.5

Perry01

Ready to race!

2016 Golf R: Mods are Water meth, E20, USP downpipe, Injen intake, Eurodyne stage 1.5 and Jb4 stack.

My best pass was 11.854 @117.4 pretty disappointing. The car kept breaking up in high RPMs around 6500 in 3rd and 4th gear. I logged the runs and I was not pulling any timing AFR looked right and trims as well. Even had RJ racing check them out and they looked fine.

Im thinking its my spark plugs causing this. I haven oem spark plugs so im gonna replace then with RS7 plugs and the correct gap and hopefully get a 11.5 around 120ish.

I had to keep letting out before the finish or else the car would go in limp mode, the light it throws says it random misfires. btw I know this is the GTI page, but no one talks on the R page lol.

I had a few random misfire codes until I replaced my spark plug with Denso's. It would be a good idea to swap out your OEM plugs.

Mk72015

Ready to race!
I had a few random misfire codes until I replaced my spark plug with Denso's. It would be a good idea to swap out your OEM plugs.

Yeah that's what im going to do ill be back at the track this weekend with the new plugs

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

We don't care. Throw up a log.

Mk72015

Ready to race!

Mk72015

Ready to race!
Yeah, it looks good. He doesn't go to 6500rpm to show what was happening where it breaks up, but from what I can see it looks great.
well it seems like 6500 when you in the car going fast hahah. I guess its around 6K when the redline starts. praying the sparkplugs will fix it

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
So hopefully someone here can help.....in the middle of JB4 install and am trying to attach Bluetooth connect to the box...seems VERY tight, is this normal for any of you that have this setup? I haven't done the tap on the wire because it seems almost wrong....having to really push the main wires down to get them in place....wondering if USP sent me the wrong revision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
So hopefully someone here can help.....in the middle of JB4 install and am trying to attach Bluetooth connect to the box...seems VERY tight, is this normal for any of you that have this setup? I haven't done the tap on the wire because it seems almost wrong....having to really push the main wires down to get them in place....wondering if USP sent me the wrong revision

Cruiser

Ready to race!

No, mine didn't look like that, it was only 1/3 that length