GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

Cruiser

Ready to race!
Well you're doing great for not having much knowledge or experience! I think this week we get a hotter day in so cal, so that would be the perfect time to play with it more :) log your current settings then if they still look clean, try increasing it a bit 5000rpm up and see how it looks. Alternatively you could try map 2 which looks just a tad more aggressive than your current map I'd guess. Might give you a good starting point to work down from in certain RPMs if you get some retard

Good suggestions, thanks! I looked at my map 2 csv log, and it's pretty impressive the way the additive is set to rpm and ecu request. Very strong, and I'm curious to see how the ecu request changes in the summer heat.
It seems I shifted early, but at 6100 rpm, ecu 10.4, additive 5.4, boost 15.9, IAT 107, ign adv 8, that's pretty much all I can expect, I think.
I am looking at an intercooler for sure, just feeling wimpy about taking on the install. I'm confident I can do it, just not looking forward to the headache and aggravation based on the reviews. I suppose I can twinter since I'm not seeking to maximize power as much as some others are.

Thegoat

Passed Driver's Ed
Just did a log in 3rd gear to 4th. is that clutch slip or did i suck on that shift? Not too concerned with the ignition retard. it pulled hard after i shifted but it felt delayed. 4700 rpms and up feels great. im thinking i was too quick on the gas. yet to remove the clutch spring from the peddle. How do i post the datazap logs?

Attachments

• map 6 3rd to 4th gear 4.8 add 032617.jpg
    map 6 3rd to 4th gear 4.8 add 032617.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 454
Last edited:

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Haha probably just released throttle and it only logs while wot so probably some sort of mix.. no slip that I can see ;)

A little pull going into 4th but nothing concerning and pretty typical with the sudden boost request.

To post to datazap, you just need to create an account on datazap.me and upload the csv log. Should give you a URL you can paste in here

Cruiser

Ready to race!
Think I can bump this up to 5.0 at 5500 rpm and 5.2 or 5.4 at 6000 rpm? Im going to try 5.0 above 5500. I know the turbo can do it but idk about turbo longevity going higher then 4.8.
http://www.datazap.me/u/thegoat/log-map-4-4th-5th-gear-48-add-032717?log=0&data=1-4&mark=75

I did raise mine a little, just for trials. I hear ya on the longevity thing, but I figure how much you use it has to be taken in account also.
This pulls hard to redline.
Edit: added my map 2 reference

Map 2(approx)
50 4.0 4.8
55 4.7 5.1
60 5.2 5.4
65 5.0 ? (Shifted early)
70 4.5 ?

Last edited:

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Yep log looks great and you get some super high timing advance! You can definitely increase boost it looks like. I wouldn't be worried about longevity at the psi you're hitting, you're still really low and your turbo should be ok :)

Cruiser

Ready to race!
My edit didnt turn out right.
Left column is map6, right is map2. Shifted early on map2, dont know last two values

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
So got JB4 and Bluetooth connect today finally! Plan on installing tomorrow - any tips and tricks from the field prior to? Hardest part seems like running obd through firewall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Nothing about the install is difficult. Pull the gasket out and cut a hole in it out of the car, run wires through it and then reinsert.

Take your time.

Pull it out from inside correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk