GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

deAutoKey Cornerning LEDs installation guide

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
So you always need to cut a hole in the cap? Sorry, but if that's the case they're not plug and play.

That is the reason I went with modding (Butchering):D the LED bulb itself. Could have made a neater job with a Dremel but can do that later.

Cruiser

Ready to race!
That is the reason I went with modding (Butchering):D the LED bulb itself. Could have made a neater job with a Dremel but can do that later.

So it's possible to mod the bulb so the cutting of the cap can be avoided?
I have the kit but have not attempted the install yet, so any info is appreciated.
Thanks

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
I have the kit but have not attempted the install yet, so any info is appreciated.
Thanks

Not that bulb sadly as the driver is physically too big, but there are some now that are canbus friendly and have a small driver that fits inside the housing. I used a different bulb for mine.

Cruiser

Ready to race!
Not that bulb sadly as the driver is physically too big, but there are some now that are canbus friendly and have a small driver that fits inside the housing. I used a different bulb for mine.

Ok cool, now I understand, thanks!

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
So you always need to cut a hole in the cap? Sorry, but if that's the case they're not plug and play.

Yes they are plug and play, plug and play ONLY means that they will work with your car's electronics and work exactly like your OEM bulbs. It does not refer to the process of installing.

Thanks

Some have been able to place the ballast/resistor inside the headlight without the need to cut the dust cap.

We have the new adapters that help with the install, if anyone needs them please contact us.

Thank you

Last edited:

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Cruiser

Ready to race!
Thanks OP, your install guide helped me to get started.
Finally installed the cornering lights, very nice!
Now I don't have an amber looking cornering that didn't match the xenon headlights.
A coworker had mentioned that I have a nice car but need to change my headlights because they are yellow. I said "no, I have the lighting package", but I quickly figured out that what he saw was the amber cornering.
Anyway, deAutoLED sent me the new adapters at my request. Great follow up customer service, by the way. I would rather call it a retaining clip, but regardless, it works just like the factory retainer.
They also suggested I try the install without the gold resistor that originally came with the kit.
It worked! No codes, and worked perfectly without the gold resistor.
Now for the kicker; the black ballast box fit inside the light assembly, so no cutting of the rubber dust cover was required!
Clean, cool.
I suppose though, that if I had needed the gold resistor, I would have had to make a hole in the dust cover because it gets hot from my understanding, so placing it in the housing would not be a good idea.
Small tip: the bulb is keyed, but has some room for rotational adjustment, so I turned one of them slightly to direct the light to be equal as the other side.