GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Uber-Stealth Audio GTI/Golf MK7 Underfloor/deck Custom Subwoofer Box - $120

enlightened1

Passed Driver's Ed
Selling for $120 + actual shipping cost.

I bought this Uber-Steath subwoofer box new for $275 + shipping and waited nearly three months for it to be custom built and delivered. It requires a shallow mount depth sub (NOT INCLUDED) that will fit in a 12.5" diameter cutout. The JL Audio 13TW5v2 (NOT INCLUDED) is recommended and the ONLY ONE I know fits, but I think MANY companies make/offer shallow mount subs.

It was built for a '16 MK7 GTI with Performance Package and fits inside the 18" spare tire. I had to cut the spare tire installation plastic screw shorter (easily accomplished with any hand saw) to get it to fit. I don't know what other Golf/GTI MK7s this will fit, but I think the 18" spare is important since I believe some come with a 16" spare which would be too small for this.

IMPORTANT! Consider this a project for you or your installer, but one well worth it for the price and clean, stealth installation it affords. ASSEMBLY REQUIRED! The round bowl portion that fits inside the spare tire is separated from the square upper portion. The two pieces will need to be glued/epoxied/screwed/stapled/nailed (you decide best method) back together. Otherwise, it's very well constructed and in good shape.

I'm selling it for far less than I paid because I've since built a custom box myself and no longer need this. These Uber-Stealth boxes are super popular and take a long time to get in most cases. This is a good deal, but requires some work.

Shipping might be expensive because I'm not a business and don't get any shipping discounts other than the one PayPal possibly will offer. You'll pay the actual shipping cost, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's at least $20-30 based upon the size and especially the weight.

Payment will be via credit card using PayPal. NO RETURNS for any reason! Please read the details, ask questions (if any), and examine the pictures closely before buying. Thanks for looking!

Features (from Uber-Stealth):

* Fits inside spare tire under hatch floor like the factory Fender Audio sub

* Full MDF construction

* It is recommended the sub box be attached to the inside of the spare tire with Velcro or double sided tape

* Hatch floor will need to be in the higher position to clear the sub box

Attachments

• IMG_0204.jpg
    IMG_0204.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 1,872
  • IMG_0205.jpg
    IMG_0205.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 1,781
  • IMG_0206.jpg
    IMG_0206.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,777
  • IMG_0207.jpg
    IMG_0207.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 1,765
  • IMG_0208.jpg
    IMG_0208.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 1,779
  • IMG_0209.jpg
    IMG_0209.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 1,898
  • IMG_0210.jpg
    IMG_0210.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 1,874

Mk7ulf

Ready to race!
Hmmmmm. Does your car have a fender sound package? If so how did you tap into the new sub? Etc. Interested. Paypal ready

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

enlightened1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hmmmmm. Does your car have a fender sound package? If so how did you tap into the new sub? Etc. Interested. Paypal ready

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thanks for the interest. It's detailed in a couple of other posts and videos if you Google "MK7 subwoofer install," but the short story is this:

1) Run a power line from the battery through the firewall, under the driver side plastic door sill which snaps off (you have to be super careful not to tear the micro-thin wires powering the red LED light), under the rear seat, and finally under the rear deck. I used a Monster 8-gauge wire which is powering my line converter and amp.

2) Use wire taps to connect to the rear channel outputs behind the stock stereo (you can purchase a removal key on eBay for $2) in the glove box and run speaker wire under the passenger side plastic door sill which snaps off (again, you have to be super careful not to tear the micro-thin wires powering the red LED light), under the rear seat, and finally under the rear deck. I actually tapped front and rear outputs and ran Monster speaker wire for all four (front and rear - 2-channels each for a total of four) in case I want to update the stereo further at some future point.

3) Attach power from battery, ground it, and connect speaker wires from stock stereo to an AudioControl LC2i 2 channel line output converter. Then attach RCA outputs to an amp. There are other line output converters available, but this one works very well.

4) Attach power from battery to a quality bridgeable 1-channel output amp (your choice, but I used Soundstream), ground amp, attach RCA inputs from the LC2i, attach speaker wire output to sub.

**NOTE** - I also bought and installed an AudioControl ACR1 control knob and mounted it under the driver side dash on a removable panel that can easily be replaced cheaply if desired. For this, you also have to run a telephone-style wire that comes with the ACR1 along with the power wire. If you don't do this, I think you'll either have too much or too little bass from song-to-song without a good way to adjust it while driving.

These pictures might help:

Attachments

• DMPO.jpg
    DMPO.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 2,009
  • 10389128713_8483219da1_o.jpg
    10389128713_8483219da1_o.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 2,262
  • Under-dash-MK7-2-wm--1024x576.jpg
    Under-dash-MK7-2-wm--1024x576.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 1,810
  • lc2i.jpg
    lc2i.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,949
Last edited:

bdot

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm interested. I was planning on building my own box as well but this would be much easier. Any pics of your new setup ?

Radfox

Ready to race!
No. This is an aftermarket subwoofer installation. My very detailed instructions are included above.

Ya, I read that you connected to the left and right front and rear channels, but with the Fender system there is separate control for the subwoofer, so this would imply a separate subwoofer output, hence why I asked you about the j connections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

enlightened1

Passed Driver's Ed
Ya, I read that you connected to the left and right front and rear channels, but with the Fender system there is separate control for the subwoofer, so this would imply a separate subwoofer output, hence why I asked you about the j connections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, I missed your question by not reading carefully enough. It's an interesting thought, but I don't know the answer.

enlightened1

Passed Driver's Ed
I would assume instead of tapping the rear speaker wires you just tap the fender signal wires?

I don't have a guitar amp-branded factory sound system (and didn't want it), but there is a separate thread that explains how to tap into it. The question about what the J-plug outputs are on the back of the deck are is a good one. I don't know, but would love an answer if anyone does.

Honestly, I wasn't starting this as a forum thread about the best way to install a sub. I just want to sell a subwoofer box that I don't need. :)

Attachments

• LC2I.jpg
    LC2I.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,993