GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How much for total detailing?

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Sorry for the long message, i have found a local detailer who offers this, there are other packages starting from £50. But i'm a perfectionist and i want the best i can get which is the package below. I should say i bought my car second hand and the paint is swirled etc so id love to get it fixed properly.
Also planning to get this done around march time when my money outgoings slow down a bit and i have a few other things done to the car.
I am more than happy to pay the price below, just wondering from others if they think this is worth it or how much is too much?

A 10 hour process - perfect for collectors, classic cars and showcase vehicles.

- Lower car, bumpers and arches degreased and power rinsed

- Wheels cleaned (fronts & inner rim) using a pH neutral/acid free cleaner

- Brake callipers degreased and cleaned

- Engine bay degreased, cleaned and dressed.

- Snow foam applied to exterior paint to gently lift dirt

- Power rinse

- Creases, badges, trim and vents cleaned with soft brushes

- Door, boot and bonnet shuts degreased

- Second snow foam applied to exterior

- Power rinse

- Paint hand washed using the two bucket method and a high grade lambswool wash mitt

- Tar spots removed

- Power rinse

- Exterior dried using microfibre towels and a warm air blower

- Paintwork & glass clayed to remove bonded contamination

- Single stage machine polish to revive paintwork and remove light scratches and swirls

- Interior hoovered

- Exterior trim dressed

- Wheel arches dressed

- Tyres dressed

- Glass and mirrors (inside and out) cleaned & polished

- Exhaust tailpipes polished

- Alloy wheels sealed with Swissvax

- Autobahn Wheel Wax

- Exterior paintwork treated with

- Swissvax Mirage or Shield Wax Detail

From £350 or $530

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Detailing is a strange game, if your car is going to look £350 better then yes go for it, depending which part of the country you are then that will determine if it's the going rate or not.
I notice on your advert it says FROM, although here in the Midlands you would have change from that, I have a RR to do next year but I won't be charging that and will be doing more, but that's mate's rates and I don't have the overheads that your establishment has.

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Yep 'from' also forgot to mention VAT is on top of that, so another £70 atleast. So maybe between £420 - £500 is a bit much. I have 4 months to decide and look for other detailers anyway.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
As your car is almost new, then it shouldn't need a 2 day detail as such, at the same time, detailing is very labour intensive, so the less the cost the operator may not be as enthusiastic, that said the interior shouldn't need more than a steam clean, and as for the exterior, those sponge washes are what brought the scratches on. Then some spend a heck of an amount trying to protect the wax, when the wax is a sacrificial layer already which needs to be replaced once it is diminishing. You could do nearly as well to use something like autoglym ultra deep shine and apply every two months.

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
The inside is spotless. Since i've had it, almost a year, i've wash it the 2 bucket way and use bilt-hamber products. I did clay and wax the front bumper as a 'tester' and it came out great. It's just finding the time and weather to do anymore saying as i don't have access to any sort of shelter.
Though yesterday i did finally get to wash the car for the first time in about 2 months, due to it being dark when im finished work and the weekends when i'm off has been nothing but rain lately.
After the wash the car looked great, i think it's not having washed the car for so long had put me in edge and i was making more of it than needed.
So think ill pass on it for now, when the cars clean it's a beaut.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
The inside is spotless. Since i've had it, almost a year, i've wash it the 2 bucket way and use bilt-hamber products. I did clay and wax the front bumper as a 'tester' and it came out great. It's just finding the time and weather to do anymore saying as i don't have access to any sort of shelter.
Though yesterday i did finally get to wash the car for the first time in about 2 months, due to it being dark when im finished work and the weekends when i'm off has been nothing but rain lately.
After the wash the car looked great, i think it's not having washed the car for so long had put me in edge and i was making more of it than needed.
So think ill pass on it for now, when the cars clean it's a beaut.

The interior cannot be spotless after that time, dirt from your clothes and hands will soil the seats and steering wheel, unless when you vacuum you pre spray with upholstery cleaner and clean the steering wheel with perhaps leather cleaner. Is there not a forecourt with a power washer near you? Whatever the season, I will pre spray the panels and wheels with a shampoo mix and rinse off, any kind of rubbing is encouraging tiny scratches which over time will diminish the shine hence the need for a machine polish/mop. Prevention is always better than cure but going a couple of months between any kind of wash is not ideal, especially as we are reaching a time of largely wet weather .