GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ANY MKVII GTD or Diesel info?

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2010 MKVI GTI
other than than 'bluetec" 74 mpg hybridy dealio, I havent heard or seen anything on the MKVII diesels, and the NEW powerplant they are supposed to get.....anyone dig something up yet?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Nothing yet. The new 3.0TDI would be amazing, but WAY too much for the golf platform.

merog1

Passed Driver's Ed
The 2.0 TDI diesel has 150 hp
and the 1,6 TDI diesel has 105 hp and 75 hp
The 2.0 and the 1,6 105 can be ordered with the 4Motion.
The GTD 185 hp ,2. quarter of 2013

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
It has similar HP to the R's 2.0 TSI. With more torque obviously. Beef up the Haldex, and call it a TD-R :p

That would take a hell of a lot of "beefing" :D

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2010 MKVI GTI
The 2.0 TDI diesel has 150 hp
and the 1,6 TDI diesel has 105 hp and 75 hp
The 2.0 and the 1,6 105 can be ordered with the 4Motion.
The GTD 185 hp ,2. quarter of 2013

that's what I'm talking about right there -- hopefuly will be pushing @300lb-ft torque.

MPG+WHEE, I like it.... just hope it comes here. :confused:

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
that's what I'm talking about right there -- hopefuly will be pushing @300lb-ft torque.

Since that last one did come, we can assume this one wont.

plat

Ready to race!
The GTD might show up in North America soon

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/10/02/2012-volkswagen-golf-gtd-quick-spin-review/

The Autoblog guys recently reviewed that lone green GTD in the US. I have seen a review done by a major auto magazine just recently (can't remember which one it was) and forum members at both VWVortex and GOLFMK6 have reported seeing this particular GTD making rounds at various VW events.

It seems that VW is seriously considering the possibility of making the GTD available in North America. For this to happen, the US market just needs to learn to love diesel like the Europeans.

Nuieve

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/10/02/2012-volkswagen-golf-gtd-quick-spin-review/

The Autoblog guys recently reviewed that lone green GTD in the US. I have seen a review done by a major auto magazine just recently (can't remember which one it was) and forum members at both VWVortex and GOLFMK6 have reported seeing this particular GTD making rounds at various VW events.

It seems that VW is seriously considering the possibility of making the GTD available in North America. For this to happen, the US market just needs to learn to love diesel like the Europeans.

Was diesel Jetta such a sales failure that they still wonder?

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
I had a GTD a couple weeks ago as my rental. Really impressed. And I drive a K04 GTI at home. Also, I think they do a great job with the sound file in it. I also have a JSW at home, while the diesel sound does not bother me on it, the GTD definitely sounded sportier than my JSW.

GTD is amazing. I think americans would embrace it.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I would love a GTD, but there isnt really any aftermarket for it yet. I'm sure there is much power to be had, but with CR HPFP issues, that all seems very unlikely.

Nuieve

Why do you need that much torque? It's not gonna make the car much faster. It needs more hp and eager to rev engine. You can have a 1000tq tractor that wont go over 30mph and will do 0-30 in 40 seconds.