GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A few Laps at Summit Point Main

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
A few laps from Seat Time at Summit Point. Great event. Seven 25 minute runs, advanced drivers only. Lots of fast cars this time out. 2 gorgeous GT3's, McLaren 570, many Vettes and a couple of race cars. I picked these laps because my arm wasn't waving the pass by too often. ;>)

https://bit.ly/2MJREd9

(Temp low 90's, 2017 Golf R, APR Stage 1 hi torque, Neuspeed rear sway)

Last edited:

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
Nice session!
I love Summit Main. I've instructed there a few times and have run endurance events in the past.

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
Nice session!
I love Summit Main. I've instructed there a few times and have run endurance events in the past.

Thanks. I'm with you. It's one of my favorite tracks, especially since they repaved. Big fun and lots of runoff. I think their Seat Time events are big bang for the buck as far as HPDE goes.

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
It's one of my favorite tracks...

That's a long drive for you from MA!

It's my home track. PCA Founder's Region runs several HPDE events there each year. It's always fun to run with the expensive Euro-trash!

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
That's a long drive for you from MA!

It's my home track. PCA Founder's Region runs several HPDE events there each year. It's always fun to run with the expensive Euro-trash!

Yes...a long drive indeed. ;>)

I got my nephew into track driving and he lives in NOVA. He'll come up to us a couple of times each year and we'll drive Lime Rock, and I'll head down to him a few times per year for Summit. I really like that track, especially after the repave. I'm going to run Shenandoah for the 1st time with BMW on 9/8. Combining with FATT on main on the 7th. Should be a great weekend.

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
I like Shenandoah; some don't. Lots of turns and twisty bits. Helps to neutralize the power advantage of the Porsches.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
I did Shenandoah for the first time last month, lots of fun. How did your front tires look at the end of the day?

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
Not too bad. I had my suspension bits on at the time. I was on MPSS.

tripleS

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15 GTI PP \ 16 GT4
Nice! I also love Summit main, I feel that it flows really well and has some character. Watching that makes me miss it since I haven't been in over a year. I need to start looking for an event there in the next couple months that works with the schedule.

donefor

Go Kart Newbie
Summit Main is lovely - but man oh man it has an appetite for cars. Two worst i've seen were in T3, one was a Mk7 GTI that rolled in the gravel and the other was a Camaro Z28 that hit the left wall so hard it broke the block. Had a Miata sweep wide into the gravel in front of me onto the front straight once, too. Fun place! :D