GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI on track

fretburnr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
This last Friday I finally had a chance to get my GTI out on track. I attended an event with Windy City BMWCCA at Autobahn Country Club, and I run in the Intermediate group. We ran 3 25 minute sessions on the South course, and a 35 minute session on the Full course at sunset. It was beautiful.

My roommate had some mechanical trouble, so he had time to hike out near turn 9 (Patience) and take some nice pictures.

Intermediate (29) by HeadPhotography, on Flickr

Intermediate (28) by HeadPhotography, on Flickr

Intermediate (46) by HeadPhotography, on Flickr

Intermediate (81) by HeadPhotography, on Flickr

Intermediate (80) by HeadPhotography, on Flickr

Intermediate (70) by HeadPhotography, on Flickr

Intermediate (31) by HeadPhotography, on Flickr

I'll post up a more technical discussion in the Track forum.

VL3X

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Looks like fun! Great pics too. I ran in the intermediate group at NJMP a few months ago. I hope to get back there next month. How did your GTI perform? Any mods?

N2fastcars

Ready to race!
Looks like fun! Great pics too. I ran in the intermediate group at NJMP a few months ago. I hope to get back there next month. How did your GTI perform? Any mods?

Looks amazing! I’ve been thinking about going to a similar type event.

fretburnr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Nice! Autobahn is a great place.
I'll be trying to make Blackhawk Farms on the 23rd of this month if the stars align.

Good deal! I'm hoping to get out to BHF sometime soon, but probably not this month.

The GTI was great! I'm new to a FWD platform, but it's pretty forgiving to learn. I've got Ferodo DS2500 front pads, RS3 brake deflectors, Motul RBF600 fluid, and some Continental ECS tires.

Looks amazing! I’ve been thinking about going to a similar type event.

It's a blast! I can't recommend HPDE enough. It's not cheap, but the cost per minute of seat time is a lot less than autocross.

DAS_STIG

Banned
No tow hook?

I really liked the Autobahn Full Track. A lot of corners to memorize, but was a great time with instructors when I went.

fretburnr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
No tow hook?

I really liked the Autobahn Full Track. A lot of corners to memorize, but was a great time with instructors when I went.

Lol nope. I had the OE one with me just in case.

Yeah, the full track is great! This is the first time I have run South only (in the morning), and it took some getting used to after being familiar with full.