GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone in CT / Mass with recommendation for Sway Bar install

VdubbinCT

Ready to race!
A good reliable person to install it who knows what they are doing? Found a couple performance shops and seems as 95-110/hour is the going rate. Is that a good rate or really high?

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Where in CT are you? Are you looking at just a rear sway bar? If so that's something you can do at home with ease.

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
If you are not far from Great Barrington, Autobahn Service does terrific work. They do all the work on my car and they just installed my Neuspeed rear sway keeping stock links for around 60 bucks.

VdubbinCT

Ready to race!
Where in CT are you? Are you looking at just a rear sway bar? If so that's something you can do at home with ease.

Im in the hartford area and yes just a rear sway bar. Just received it. It appears a the going rate for shops is $95-110 per hour and obviously, takes an hour or less

Ital

Go Kart Newbie

Did not realize swaybars are easy to do. Will have to look up some videos :)
I am actually looking at eibach pro springs also.. so away bars would compliment it well.

OP where did you end up getting the sway bars installed? Tx

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Did not realize swaybars are easy to do. Will have to look up some videos :)
I am actually looking at eibach pro springs also.. so away bars would compliment it well.

OP where did you end up getting the sway bars installed? Tx

The rear sway bar is super easy, the front is a real pain in the ass. On mine the subframe was dropped to do.

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
Rear is easy to do, just remember to loosen the exhaust, it'll make it easier to wiggle the sway bar out and back in. I did it in an hour and 30 minutes with hand tools. I thought the worst part would be putting the endlinks back on. I was watching the dap video on the RSB replacement, but I figured out how to put each one in pretty easily. front one you have to drop the sub frame

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
I am thinking about getting the 034 rear sway bars. I guess that's going to be my Christmas gift... i am getting springs installed next week so one thing at the time. not sure if I'll install these my self for a couple of reason. I don't have all the tools and in the videos I saw people had problems and they have destroyed the end links. If a shop can do it for $60 like the shop in Mass sounds like a great deal to me.