GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retrofit Rear View camera 2016 Mk7 GTD Questions

ejs4

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello,

I am thinking of purchasing an official VW rear view camera for the 2016 mk7 Golf GTD.

Is this something I can fit myself, and is it a plug & play or does it require coding? If so can my local VW dealership code it in for me?

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hello,

I am thinking of purchasing an official VW rear view camera for the 2016 mk7 Golf GTD.

Is this something I can fit myself, and is it a plug & play or does it require coding? If so can my local VW dealership code it in for me?

Lowline or Highline? You can fit both yourself, and you'll need to code it. The Highline requires calibration for the guidance lines to be accurate, the Lowline doesn't.

What's the part number of your infotainment system in the glovebox so I can tell you if it's supported (some aren't).

slider09

Passed Driver's Ed
I retrofitted the camera to my 2014 Golf R.
Bought the retrofit kit from my local VW dealership.

Requires coding to finish the install, I used OBD11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crapmaster

Lowline or Highline? You can fit both yourself, and you'll need to code it. The Highline requires calibration for the guidance lines to be accurate, the Lowline doesn't.

What's the part number of your infotainment system in the glovebox so I can tell you if it's supported (some aren't).

I just purchased 2015 Golf TDI S, it didn't come with the camera, I would like to add it, either the after market or OEM. My head unit/infotainment system is 5G0 035 844. Does that support the RVC or do I need an adapter module? It doesn't have navigation.

slider09

Passed Driver's Ed
I just purchased 2015 Golf TDI S, it didn't come with the camera, I would like to add it, either the after market or OEM. My head unit/infotainment system is 5G0 035 844. Does that support the RVC or do I need an adapter module? It doesn't have navigation.

If you ring VW they can check for you (that’s what I did before purchasing the retrofit kit)

Crapmaster

I retrofitted the camera to my 2014 Golf R.
Bought the retrofit kit from my local VW dealership.

Requires coding to finish the install, I used OBD11

Does it require a PRO version of OBD11, or does Basic work?