GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Immobilizer activated

cjsnmrry

I have a 2001 GTI, the immobilizer activated message is on and my car will not start. This happens sporadically, it usually resets it self. The last time it happen I towed it to the dealer were they told me my car was old and tried to sell me a new. Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it permanently? I am not ready to get a new car 263,000 miles and going strong.

Thanks,

Jason

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
That’s an impressive amount of miles. You should try a different site though. This site is for the Mk7 (2015+ in USA).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adam1991

Banned
I have a 2001 GTI, the immobilizer activated message is on and my car will not start. This happens sporadically, it usually resets it self. The last time it happen I towed it to the dealer were they told me my car was old and tried to sell me a new. Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it permanently? I am not ready to get a new car 263,000 miles and going strong.

Thanks,

Jason

Are you saying the dealer REFUSED to try to fix your car, and insisted the *only* thing they would work with you on is you buying a new car?

Because that simply can't be true.

Langer1

Passed Driver's Ed

Thanks,

Jason
Happened to my 2007 gti. It was a bad instrument cluster, or rather the memory in the cluster. Swapped out the cluster and never happened again. You may be able to delete the immo from the ecu also.