GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any metro-Atlanta peeps on here??

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Nice. And I used to work at perimeter summit maybe 8 years ago...before kids or hot hatches were even a twinkle in my eye. Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

digitalrurouni

Passed Driver's Ed
Just introducing myself. I picked up a new 2017 Autobahn from Nalley on the 12th of this month. Had a 2012 GTI Autobahn as well prior to that. This is pretty much my wife's and my commute car. Quite the upgrade from the previous mk6! Lovely machine. I am learning as much as I can about this car. This whole Obdeleven thing is intriguing and I am trying to see if it's something that could be beneficial to me.

I live in Cumming but frequent the Dunwoody and Midtown area for work. Hope to see you guys around.

Dutchovenpro

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice. And I used to work at perimeter summit maybe 8 years ago...before kids or hot hatches were even a twinkle in my eye. Lol
It's a decent location, lots of parking. I'm curious as to what you do for a living.

I'm definitely up for that, I've got all the time in the world as I'm still waiting for my work visa to come through ?
Sounds good!

Sending PMS to both of you with my contact information. Lets try and meet around 11:30am, preferably a location that isn't too busy but good. There's a Newks around Perimeter Mall area. Perhaps we could meet for lunch Wednesday 25th, Next Week.

Dutchovenpro

Passed Driver's Ed
Just introducing myself. I picked up a new 2017 Autobahn from Nalley on the 12th of this month. Had a 2012 GTI Autobahn as well prior to that. This is pretty much my wife's and my commute car. Quite the upgrade from the previous mk6! Lovely machine. I am learning as much as I can about this car. This whole Obdeleven thing is intriguing and I am trying to see if it's something that could be beneficial to me.

I live in Cumming but frequent the Dunwoody and Midtown area for work. Hope to see you guys around.

Welcome! You'll have fun with this car. Still gives me a grin from ear to ear. I've heard nothing but good things about Obdeleven. Let us know how you like it.

digitalrurouni

Passed Driver's Ed
Welcome! You'll have fun with this car. Still gives me a grin from ear to ear. I've heard nothing but good things about Obdeleven. Let us know how you like it.

Thanks! What surprises me other than the fit and finish and the toys in the car compared to the mk6 is the acceleration in this car when I am already doing freeway speeds! Of course I have not floored it yet but a firm press of the pedal even in Normal driving mode and the car just takes off at a very rapid rate! I can't wait to cross 600 miles and give her the full beans :D

And yeah Obdeleven - planning on purchasing the app some time this weekend but would be great if I could borrow the bluetooth adapter from someone in Atlanta so I don't have to wait 3 weeks to tweak the settings in the car!!

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks! What surprises me other than the fit and finish and the toys in the car compared to the mk6 is the acceleration in this car when I am already doing freeway speeds! Of course I have not floored it yet but a firm press of the pedal even in Normal driving mode and the car just takes off at a very rapid rate! I can't wait to cross 600 miles and give her the full beans :D

And yeah Obdeleven - planning on purchasing the app some time this weekend but would be great if I could borrow the bluetooth adapter from someone in Atlanta so I don't have to wait 3 weeks to tweak the settings in the car!!
I'm near Cumming. Actually moving over to Cumming next month. You're welcome to borrow mine if you want. I ordered from shopdap.com btw. You only have to wait a couple days that way.

Edit: Just checked and they raised their price. What gives?

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
It's a decent location, lots of parking. I'm curious as to what you do for a living.

Sounds good!

Sending PMS to both of you with my contact information. Lets try and meet around 11:30am, preferably a location that isn't too busy but good. There's a Newks around Perimeter Mall area. Perhaps we could meet for lunch Wednesday 25th, Next Week.
Sounds like a plan!

Back then I was working as an analyst for Aon Hewitt (benefits outsourcing). These days I'm with a different firm, but managing a team on the information/data management side of the house. :)

Hola. I too upgraded from a Mk6 GTI, although I went to an R :) I'm in Cumming as well, and have an OBDEleven.... It's a fun toy, that's for sure. Let me know if you want to meet up some time!

Gibberoni

Ready to race!

Welcome! I am actually in Buckhead but my brother in law's house is in Cumming, and that is where we work on our cars. You have probably heard our shinanigans around the area.

digitalrurouni

Passed Driver's Ed
haha thanks fellow Cumming residents. It would be nice to do a run up to Suches and Blood Mountain etc. I have over 700 miles on the clock now after all so I am prepped to go :D

As for the obdeleven yeah the price went up a tad and I am looking to do some of those tweaks that it allows. Mainly looking at enabling the high beam assist and the lane control assist and see if the passenger rear view mirror rotate on reverse works. Also would dearly love to get rid of the infotainment nannies when the car is in motion. Ah yeah and the rain convenience window/sunroof closing and the remote fob convenience window roll down/up feature as well. Oh yeah and the rear hatch pop up from the key fob would be icing on the cake.

I appreciate the offers to allow me to borrow the obdeleven but that would be my last resort! Cheers!