GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

front seat pet barrier

knollMk7

Ready to race!
Built a prototype pet barrier for mounting between front and rear seats. Couldn't find anything but barriers between rear seats and luggage area.

Keeps our 80lb Shepherd from trying to co-drive

Attachments

• DSC_5426.JPG
    DSC_5426.JPG
    164.8 KB · Views: 341
  • DSC_4969 (2018_01_18 01_10_19 UTC).JPG
    DSC_4969 (2018_01_18 01_10_19 UTC).JPG
    440.3 KB · Views: 288

H2O_Doc

Ready to race!
Nice work. You could have the makings of a Mk7 cop car there.

Maybe use the lighter socket to turn it into an electrified barrier/bug zapper combo.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Very creative. But won’t that top bar hit the back of the front passengers head?

knollMk7

Ready to race!
no passenger problems; the bar is only 3/4" think and does not protrude beyond headrest or seat back. The pic is a bit blurry but shows the general situation

Attachments

• DSC_5429-001.JPG
    DSC_5429-001.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 245

knollMk7

Ready to race!
Actually he's used to a similar setup I used to have in another vehicle so the point is just to have a barrier. There are no sharp edges. But if for some reason he might be thrown against it during a panic stop, his weight would be distributed across the (soft) seat backs as well as the screen. Certainly safer than flying through the gap between the seats and landing on the shift lever or getting a leg twisted by landing in a cup holder or console gap.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
A header into the metal or him falling off the seat could be ssues. They make hammock style rear seat protectors that cover the gap. They have straps that slip over the headrests. Just saying.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
You could also get a harness.

That way it’s safer.

There was an accident that happened down the street from me that’s left a mark on me.

The owner posted on Reddit looking for their dog. They were in a car crash and the dog bolted. 30MPH collision, glass broke and the owner was stunned/dazed for a few seconds. The dog freaked out and jumped through the broken window opening and took off running.

A day later it was found dead a few miles away on the side of the road.

It was hit crossing a busy street while it was on the lam.

FloridaNative

Passed Driver's Ed
I am a harness fan. Not only does it keep the dog safe, the human occupants safe from a flying dog, but like @xm_rocks stated it also keeps the dog from running away. I've heard too many stories like that (some with happy endings, but still missing a pet for a few days/weeks).

Kurgo actually gets their harnesses crash tested to child restraint standards.

-Mike

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk