GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Well, I've got a HPFP on order, hopefully comes late this week.

Looks like I'm very close to maxing the stock one out on the base tune, just FYI for others.

This is on 92 octane Oregon gas

GhostGTI2

Ready to race!
I’ve been bouncing around various turbo and MPI/fueling posts to find out what exactly I need. I’m a little confused by the various routes people have taken and wanted some input for my specific goal.
Goal: 450’ish whp on my mk7 DSG. I will have the EQT Vortex, IC, DP, and Maestro pro-tune.
I’m going to be running the Fuel-It ethanol analyzer and understand I can safely run E40 without upgrading fuel components.
Do I need either a LPFP or HPFP to 1) Run higher ethanol levels 2) Make desired 450whp
Thanks guys.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I’ve been bouncing around various turbo and MPI/fueling posts to find out what exactly I need. I’m a little confused by the various routes people have taken and wanted some input for my specific goal.
Goal: 450’ish whp on my mk7 DSG. I will have the EQT Vortex, IC, DP, and Maestro pro-tune.
I’m going to be running the Fuel-It ethanol analyzer and understand I can safely run E40 without upgrading fuel components.
Do I need either a LPFP or HPFP to 1) Run higher ethanol levels 2) Make desired 450whp
Thanks guys.

You most definitely cannot run E-40 without upgrading the fuel system on a turbo that size.

you'll be on the ragged edge of the stock fuel system just running pump gas.

Because you're a maestro user, the best solution is to do the lpfp and MPI. Leave the hpfp stock. at that point, you can run whatever ethanol content you want and you'll have enough fuel system to support it.

You could probably reach your target horsepower by doing both fuel pumps and skipping the MPI, but the difference in cost isn't that significant and the difference in capability is.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Thanks guys.

Whoever does your Maestro protune will be the one to ask about fueling requirements. Each tuner may require different things, so its best to work with them on it.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Thanks guys.
I have hpfp/lpfp and on maestro, my car was having issues on e30 with it breaking up from 6k+ so I went down to e25 and haven't had the issue. Just go mpi and be done

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

GhostGTI2

Ready to race!
I have hpfp/lpfp and on maestro, my car was having issues on e30 with it breaking up from 6k+ so I went down to e25 and haven't had the issue. Just go mpi and be done

Any idea what stock fueling limits us to as far as HP? I have good 93 here, so maybe I just run that until I'm ready for MPI/LPFP.

Also, who's tuning yours if you don't mind me asking?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Any idea what stock fueling limits us to as far as HP? I have good 93 here, so maybe I just run that until I'm ready for MPI/LPFP.

I made 436whp on 91 pump/meth on the base map, you would be in that area I'm sure. I'm moose tuned

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Thanks guys.

Once I get around to installing mine, I'll just be running 93 pump and occassionally race gas but with no fueling upgrades. I'll let you know how it turns out.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion

I'm very close to your proposed build - stock fueling, EQT, DSG, Maestro protune. I am having issues breaking up at high rpm (6300+) on just pump 92, and have swapped plugs and coils without much result, which leads me to believe it is at the limits of the fuel system.

It is probably close to 410-415whp if I had to guess, which isn't bad on pump. That's probably the reasonable limit on the stock system, unless you have access to great pump gas and can bump your timing higher than I can.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Can you monitor misfires from the ED logger while logging all the regular engine parameters used for tuning? I've always monitored them with my OBD11 but I am not sure you can do both at once.