GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coolant leak: what part is this?

aybabtme

Hey folks, I've been trying to track down a coolant leak. I think I found where it's from but I can't figure out what the name of that part is, or how it might have failed. I recorded a little puddle of coolant as it's boiling off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAQflFiCcwo

What am I looking at? Anyone's seen this before?

I've identified as far as "some coolant-carrying hose under the turbo heat shield". I'm starring at a PDF of the "Engine Mechanical, Fuel Injection and Ignition - Edition 04.2015" and I can't make sense of this.

CdnX

Ready to race!
Have a coolant leak as well on my 2015 GTI DSG. Dropped it off for an oil change and dealer called to advise there was a lead at the seal on the coolant pump. The fix is to replace the seal and thermostat while they are in there. Wouldn't typically notice this as the coolant drips on the under body shield and evaporates over time. Car is at about 90,000km and initially they stated it was out of warranty but checked at my request and we able to confirm the pump etc are part of the 100k drive train warranty.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Excuse my ignorance, but how did you get your dealer to fix a coolant leak under a drive train warranty?

Because it’s part of the drivetrain...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk