GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI drag setups on a PP

CFGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Just wondering what you guys run DR or slick wise? Also what wheels? I don't think anything drag worthy fits the stock wheels...

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Would also like to see what people are running.

17" wheel is the smallest we can go with PP from my understanding.

Wanting to pick up a set of front drag wheels and slicks this spring.

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE, Audi S5
Would also like to see what people are running.

17" wheel is the smallest we can go with PP from my understanding.

Wanting to pick up a set of front drag wheels and slicks this spring.

I’d like to see some 17” setups because that’s what I am debating switching to come time for new tires. More comfort!

Mike Jesse

Passed Driver's Ed
Hoosier makes a DR in the following size.

225/45R17
24.9 in. dia.
Measured on an 8 in. wide rim.

Should be perfect for the GTI.

I use the same tire in a different size on my Z06 and it dead hooks without any track prep.

CFGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Hoosier makes a DR in the following size.

225/45R17
24.9 in. dia.
Measured on an 8 in. wide rim.

Should be perfect for the GTI.

I use the same tire in a different size on my Z06 and it dead hooks without any track prep.

You have a link? All I can find is 245/45R17. Which is fine. Pricey things though at $250 each. Almost looking for a dual duty tire as not sure Ill go to the track more than once a month on avg. Maybe a 200tw tire as an alternative. If I get better than a 2.3 60ft which gives a 13.1 now ill be happy to just hit high 12s.

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
You have a link? All I can find is 245/45R17. Which is fine. Pricey things though at $250 each. Almost looking for a dual duty tire as not sure Ill go to the track more than once a month on avg. Maybe a 200tw tire as an alternative. If I get better than a 2.3 60ft which gives a 13.1 now ill be happy to just hit high 12s.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hoo-17327dr2/overview/

Looks like a good tire, just need to find a pair of light cheap wheels to go with them.

Also, these are dedicated track only tires. They are DOT competition rated, meaning they would qualify for DOT rated events, but they are not DOT street legal. 100% track only tires.

Mike Jesse

Passed Driver's Ed

Hoosier #17327.
It's listed right above the 245 sized 17 in.

As a general rule, any drag tire is not cheap.

TheeAdam

Ready to race!
Nice little thread bump haha

Anyone know what size DR I can fit on VWR springs? Wondering if a 245/45/17 would fit. Do I need to go as wide as a 245/45 or would 225 suffice? For reference, the car (6mt) will have a DBV2 V2 with UM LC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk