GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

burbank2broward's Pure White GTI Sport - "The Comeback" Build

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
What wheels did you go with? 9.5 ET35 :O that's super wide!

Highly recommend Stratified. I've been running them for almost 10k miles now and just finished my re-tune with them after I had my clutch installed 3 months ago. Great throttle response and nice linear powerband. I'm still on the stock IS20 so it dies down up top, but works great for daily and spools quick.

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Received all my pieces of the TTRS clutch kit last week. Wheel caps came in a few days ago and wheels arrive tomorrow! Going to be a great week!

Oh and I also removed the GTI stripe. It was getting all messed up and peeling due to the fact of its placement on the lower rocker panel / dirt.

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Wheels came in! Super stoked!

I was also having issues with some rubbing on my front tires, they were actually getting torn up a lot. I thought it was the fender liner so I installed the new ones but the issue persisted. Since my fenders are rolled completely flat I also noticed that some of the liner was sagging above the tire. So I trimmed them in a nice even fashion. But, then I realized that the tab that connects the bumper and fender had a little metal piece that hung down. I took a Dremel and buzzed it off last night.

Last edited:

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Got some vinyl work done today.

Clubsport rocker decal but with “GTI” instead. (pic below)

Oh, I also got my fenders rolled yesterday. Now just need to find the right set of wheels... probably going to go something aggressive like 18x9 or 9.5 et 35 or 45

Where did you get that side stripe decal? Looks great.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Where did you get that side stripe decal? Looks great.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Any vinyl shop can do it for you. I got it done before I moved from South Florida to Tampa.

I recently took mine off cuz it was getting damaged from all the dirt and debris on the lower rocker panel.

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
My leather BFI leather shift knob has started to fade and get ruined. They want $30 to use their "reconditioning program" - where they fix it and send it back.

Instead, I ordered a EuroImpulse knob in black. Should get here in the next few days. Will take some pics once installed.

Prob sell the BFI knob on Facebook or something for cheap.

skyroach

My leather BFI leather shift knob has started to fade and get ruined. They want $30 to use their "reconditioning program" - where they fix it and send it back.

Instead, I ordered a EuroImpulse knob in black. Should get here in the next few days. Will take some pics once installed.

Prob sell the BFI knob on Facebook or something for cheap.

How long did you have the BFI knob before this started to happen? I was considering getting one but may not now.

_baz

Ready to race!
Keep it up dude. Those wheels are going to look sick

My GTI is going tomorrow but I hope to keep up with your build on insta !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
How long did you have the BFI knob before this started to happen? I was considering getting one but may not now.

I had the shift knob for about a year. My wife actually got if for my last Christmas.

Keep it up dude. Those wheels are going to look sick

My GTI is going tomorrow but I hope to keep up with your build on insta !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad, sad day. I loved your GTI dude. So clean.

Most def, keep a lookout on IG!