GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Head unit - no sound + 87.7 fm default, usual iphone issues... Autobahn Nav Fender

hoaka

Had my new GTI for a little over two weeks. Newbie to the forum.

2015 GTI Autobahn Nav Fender.

Day 1: Lightning MDI adapter from dealer didn't *surprise* work. Used 30 pin + lightning adapter and system usually works. Occasional issues where MDI 30 pin isn't recognized and have to disconnect/reconnect MDI several times at base before it recognizes the MDI again. I'd use Bluetooth if the sound quality of MDI vs bluetooth wasn't so noticeable.

Several times: Cold start where the radio, bluetooth, and MDI connections won't play music. Turn head unit off and on, no change. Adjust volume, no change. Turn car off and on, no change. When not playing music the instrument cluster screen in audio function is also blank. I can select stations from preset or tune in head unit for am and fm screens, but no sound. I've found that when switching from FM to AM bands repeatedly the unit will finally play music. Also had issues where the unit will play music, then cut the volume to zero where I have to turn the volume back up. I guess it's better than the "electrical gremlin" turning the volume to max.

Always: iPhone playlist doesn't shuffle even if phone is previously set to shuffle and head unit was previously shuffling prior to new start.

Several times: FM band defaults to 87.7 when car is started even if I was listening to a preset station or had phone (when it was working) playing through the MDI on prior run.

Anyone else have issues where the unit doesn't play any sound under any setting? Help pointing the dealership in the right direction to resolve? The other stuff, while annoying, I can live with.

lears

No sound from stereo

I just experienced a similar issue. There was no sound at all from any source, however, they all seemed to be working as far as what I was seeing on the head unit. No blank screen, no error info, just no sound. Turned the car on and off, turned the head unit off and on, cycled through the sources, mute, un-mute, volume up and down, nothing...
The radio (only tried my usual FM station), the iPod (old 30 gig HDD), and my BT audio all looked to be working fine on the screen. The track timeline was counting up, etc.
It is getting cold here in Canada. Currently -5 -> -10 Celsius. The car was sitting outside for roughly 6 hours. It was working before that.
I guess I'll try again tomorrow, but I truly hope that this is not a re-occurring issue, as that would be absolute bullshit for a 2015 VW.

jimma_uk

Ready to race!
I have had that issue twice since March.

First time I switched the car off totally, and removed the key from the ignition. After about 30 seconds or so the MFD will switch off. I put they key back into the ignition, restarted and it was all fine. That's a trick I remember from my scirocco when I was having MDI issues.

Second time I left it on the radio, and about 2 mins later it came back to life.

I can't remember any particular situation that caused it, certainly wasn't cold the last time. I can only guess that the system is a bit slow in booting up.

mdpawlowski

Passed Driver's Ed
I’ve had the same “no sound” issue on my 15 GTI autobahn. Does it only when it’s cold, then about 1-2 minutes (varies) the sound comes on like nothing ever happened. Boggles my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk