GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB Retrofits, FeC/SWaP, Hacked vs Legit

Hotwire1

Passed Driver's Ed
How don the FEC codes work? I'm adding the mode button to my 2017 GSW, and see that the driving mode has an FEC.

FEC 5G0054809 is the code I wish to activate.

thank you,

Last edited:

explorer

Hi, I am looking for eeprom dump from mib std2 pq. Could someone help me? Thanks.
I have dump from MIB1 (MQB).

bcasse

Thank you so much for the write up shapeshifter. I have been researching for weeks on the topic.

I have a 2016 Golf R with Discovery Media including Nav and CarPlay. I am planning an upgrade to the 9.2” Discovery Pro. Does anyone know of the SWaP/FeC licenses are transferable between discovery media and discovery pro. That is if I install a pro unit, remove component protection and restore the features I have against my VIN would Nav and CarPlay be activated in the new unit? I would prefer to go the factory route, that is not a hacked unit rather than the hacked unit route as from your write up it sounds like the only thing I would miss out on is performance monitors. Any advice from others experiences would be really appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spacewalker

can be swap, hovewer dealer might have problem and they need to send request to head office , and you waiting .....

wamba16

Hello
I have a question about the FEC of the driving profile
it can be activated as the mirrorlink on the hacked unit without the license

tudorsss

Hello!

So if my golf is from 2018 and I switched from a Discover Media to a Discover Media Pro, do I still need to buy the navigation FEC code?

Is there a FEC code so that I can firmware update the infotainment unit? Right now, the dealer got an error trying to update the firmware, basically saying that this component is not compatible with the VIN.

This infotainment unit also has a SIM slot. Is there any chance this can be properly enabled at the dealer? I've tried with VCDS adaptations but I'm not sure it's working properly or not (it seems that it connects but there is no network traffic).

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hello!

So if my golf is from 2018 and I switched from a Discover Media to a Discover Media Pro, do I still need to buy the navigation FEC code?

Is there a FEC code so that I can firmware update the infotainment unit? Right now, the dealer got an error trying to update the firmware, basically saying that this component is not compatible with the VIN.

This infotainment unit also has a SIM slot. Is there any chance this can be properly enabled at the dealer? I've tried with VCDS adaptations but I'm not sure it's working properly or not (it seems that it connects but there is no network traffic).

Component Protection stops you doing that. If the dealer resets the CP, it'll lose any FeCs you didn't have from factory.