GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf 7 R20 Replica HID Headlights

hallu

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure if this was covered earlier in the thread, but how does the bi-xenon work in these headlights? Is there a shutter that opens to allow full light during high beams?

Also, any specific date for the restock in November?

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
Not sure if this was covered earlier in the thread, but how does the bi-xenon work in these headlights? Is there a shutter that opens to allow full light during high beams?

Also, any specific date for the restock in November?

For the projectors, yes, that is how the bi-xenon projectors work, same as on the factory lighting package headlights.

ETA - around 3rd week of November, once I get closer shipping dates, I will late people know. I do expect to let people start preordering etc around mid-November.

hallu

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Ed, another set of questions for you. This one will be a tough one and I appreciate a straight answer :)

So earlier in this same thread you posted concerns about the build quality about 7.5 style headlights

Update for Mk7.5 Headlights - some manufacturers are starting to make Mk7.5 style headlights for the Mk7 cars.

Initial testing has shown the quality is not that great, so we will wait and see what else becomes available. We really don't want to sell something that falls apart in a year or less.

Is the manufacturer you get your 7.5 lights from doing anything to make you feel confident in the 7.5 style lights? What are they doing to be different from the other builders that had you concerned about shoddy build work?

Also, has the manufacturer learned any lessons from their mk7 lights that improved in the build quality of the 7.5? I would think with each new wave of lights they would fine tune their build process.

Any way to get 4500k lights with the Hylux setup? I am reading people preferring the Hylux ballasts more, but I want the visual benefits of 4500k lights (namely that less blue-wave light is better for night vision.)

Lastly, do either the Morimoto or Hylux cause radio interference? I know that is an issue with a number of cars, but I haven't seen anything written about the mk7 Golf line.

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
Sorry for the late reply.

We now have Mk7.5 style headlights for the Mk7 cars. They are made by the same company that has made them for our Mk7 headlights for the last 4 years. Quality will be very comparable.

Noted differences is an upgrade HID projector, it is similar to the Hella Gen 5 projectors.

If you want a different color bulb, just inquire, you can order only the Hylux ballasts, and than order the 4500K Morimoto bulbs separately, that would be easiest to do.

Hi Ed, another set of questions for you. This one will be a tough one and I appreciate a straight answer :)

So earlier in this same thread you posted concerns about the build quality about 7.5 style headlights

Is the manufacturer you get your 7.5 lights from doing anything to make you feel confident in the 7.5 style lights? What are they doing to be different from the other builders that had you concerned about shoddy build work?

Also, has the manufacturer learned any lessons from their mk7 lights that improved in the build quality of the 7.5? I would think with each new wave of lights they would fine tune their build process.

Any way to get 4500k lights with the Hylux setup? I am reading people preferring the Hylux ballasts more, but I want the visual benefits of 4500k lights (namely that less blue-wave light is better for night vision.)

Lastly, do either the Morimoto or Hylux cause radio interference? I know that is an issue with a number of cars, but I haven't seen anything written about the mk7 Golf line.

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
Black Friday Savings!

We are doing our Black Friday Sale from now until Nov 26th!

We have sale pricing on our Mk7 Golf R and GTI Headlights!

As well, we have a new product, Facelifted GTI and R Style headlights! They look like the 2018 model and functions in a similar way. Tested on a local Mk7 GTI, and they work without issues.

www.becautoparts.com

Allthempg

I wish these were available without dynamic turns. I like the the way the OEM facelift switches from white to amber as a standard blinker. Any chance of that coming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
Jan 9th Updates

At the moment, we have the Mk7.5 Golf R style headlights available for the Mk7 models.

As well the 2018+ Mk7.5 R style headlights available for sale.

All other models, eg, GTI, and Mk7 R models will be available in around 5-6 weeks when our new shipment of parts arrive.

All the mk7.5 headlights do have amber dynamic turn signal LED lights.

www.becautoparts.com

paNX2K&SE-R

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4Mo
Not sure if it has been covered, so I do apologize if it has but can you run LED headlight bulbs with these headlights? If so, which one do you recommend? How is fitment? Thanks!

I didn't see any answers to this, just wondering if anyone has gotten around to trying LEDs with Ed's lights yet?

paNX2K&SE-R

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4Mo
I had LED’s. Changed them in 1 month. Can’t compare the output light with Xenon unfortunately.

Okay thanks for the input. The deAuto ones looked pretty bright in their pics but if HIDs still have better output then that sounds like the better option at this point.

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
Feb 8th Update

Out new shipment of lights will arrive approx. Feb 20th, and we can ship them out at that time. I updated the website so people can preorder if they want.

In regards to LED bulbs, our contacts have said, HIDs are generally brighter than LEDs, and don't give off any EM interference which may occur with LED bulbs.

If they worked as well, if not better than HIDs, we would sell them...

peterk0806

Feb 8th Update

Out new shipment of lights will arrive approx. Feb 20th, and we can ship them out at that time. I updated the website so people can preorder if they want.

In regards to LED bulbs, our contacts have said, HIDs are generally brighter than LEDs, and don't give off any EM interference which may occur with LED bulbs.

If they worked as well, if not better than HIDs, we would sell them...

If I have a 2015 Jetta SEL will any of the products you sell work with this car? If so, is there any parts or accessories I need to complete the conversion? Anyone who has info feel free to chime in. Thank you.