GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ACC High - 210km/h retrofit on Golf MK7

piotrekp

Hello guys,

I've retrofitted ACC high from the scratch on my MY2013 Golf MK7. It's fully working, that's why I've decided to write short tutorial on it. Price is fairly low and the only hard part is removing component protection (not that hard to be honest) :)

Due to lots of pictures and long description I've decided to manage it on my blog - http://mqb.pl/en/adaptive-cruise-control-retrofit-acc-on-mqb/

Fell free to ask any questions if needed :)

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Great DIY! I'm very interested in this... how do I check the following two steps?

You need to check rear ABS sensors – has to be bidirectional WHT003864A

Car has to be equipped with Gateway High – with Extended Can

davide.bonetti

Ready to race!
Great DIY! I'm very interested in this... how do I check the following two steps?

You need to check rear ABS sensors – has to be bidirectional WHT003864A

Car has to be equipped with Gateway High – with Extended Can

if you have Park Assist, if the car turns the steering wheel by itself while you park, then you have correct ABS sensors. if not, they are very easy to replace.

if you have Xenon or LED headlights, High Beam Assist, front camera on windshield or Blind Spot Detection, then you have a HIGH gateway. even only one of those features, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
if you have Park Assist, if the car turns the steering wheel by itself while you park, then you have correct ABS sensors. if not, they are very easy to replace.

if you have Xenon or LED headlights, High Beam Assist, front camera on windshield or Blind Spot Detection, then you have a HIGH gateway. even only one of those features, of course.

Awesome thank you.

I do not have park assist. Do I need to retrofit the whole park assist system, or can I just replace the ABS sensors?

And I do have the Lighting Package with the LED lights but not any of that other stuff. Is there a way to confirm the gateway in VCDS?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

davide.bonetti

Ready to race!
you can replace the ABS sensors only, of course.

perform an autoscan and post here the Gateway's header, I'll tell you what you have.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
you can replace the ABS sensors only, of course.

perform an autoscan and post here the Gateway's header, I'll tell you what you have.

I meant OBDeleven - I don't have VCDS, but this is what it says under gateway. MQB High, CAN:UDS

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

davide.bonetti

Ready to race!
Do you think it is possible to use the radar from the MK7.5? the one that is in the VW logo?

I would say you did not read carefully Piotrekp's blog. you NEED to install the "old round" radar, as it is the only one without FeC. there is no way to get the code, period.

davide.bonetti

Ready to race!
yes if you don't have the camera you just don't connect those two wires.

I suggest you isolate and leave them on hold near the hood lever until one day you get the itch to retrofit the camera as well :)