GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New-model Firestone Indy 500's - any feedback?

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
It’s a $420 difference.

Over 3-5 years that isn’t much, at least for my value proposition.

I currently run the PSS’s on my 911 and GTI.

Every time I have switched to try and save money I always end up disappointed.

The PSS and P4S are some of the best all around tires.

The roads must be great where are you. Potholes/road hazards usually eat at least 1 or 2 of my tires before they finish their life expectancy. For my size where i am the PSS are about double the price, i doubt they're twice as good.

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
It’s a $420 difference.

Over 3-5 years that isn’t much, at least for my value proposition.

I currently run the PSS’s on my 911 and GTI.

Every time I have switched to try and save money I always end up disappointed.

The PSS and P4S are some of the best all around tires.

You should really give the Continental ExtremeContact Sport a shot next time if you're at all curious. Coming from multiple sets of PSS myself, the ECS is right there, if not better for a good amount less cash. Street and track.

N2fastcars

Ready to race!
I have 6k miles on my Indy 500 tires and I have really enjoyed them with the exception of snow. I got stuck trying to get my car out of the driveway a week after the snow storm. I know summer tires are not supposed to be good in the snow but I thought it would have been ok a week later! Lol

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
You should really give the Continental ExtremeContact Sport a shot next time if you're at all curious. Coming from multiple sets of PSS myself, the ECS is right there, if not better for a good amount less cash. Street and track.

I will check them out next time.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I have 6k miles on my Indy 500 tires and I have really enjoyed them with the exception of snow. I got stuck trying to get my car out of the driveway a week after the snow storm. I know summer tires are not supposed to be good in the snow but I thought it would have been ok a week later! Lol

You're lucky you didn't try and drive out in it. They don't go in any amount of snow at all. Very dangerous.

N2fastcars

Ready to race!
You're lucky you didn't try and drive out in it. They don't go in any amount of snow at all. Very dangerous.

Once I got off my street it was fine, roads were clear other than my driveway and street!

E-rok

Passed Driver's Ed
Potentially selling my brand new oem hankooks friday, if so ill be picking these up for my summer wheels! Question is 225 or 235 running 18x8 ET35 on coilovers

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
I've been considering the Firestone Indy 500's to replace the OEM RE97AS on my 2017 SE. Can anyone tell me how they are in the rain?

TIA, LT

Great in rain. Rubber feel is solid and much like the RE-11's I had once.
The grooving is actually designed for rain.
A selling item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JD-1

Ready to race!
I have 4 of these waiting to be put on my car. Hoping the wheels arrive before end of August