GOLFMKV

How to retro-fit the traction control (ESC) button to a Mk7 Golf

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I don't understand
ABS UNIT = pin39
Esc Button= ?? ( which pin. It is normally pin9-10)

I did not understand how a 1 cable going to ABS would work. ?

Thank you

Easy if you know electrical....

The switch has an "input" side & an "output" side...the live wire I connected to my EPB live supplies a "live" "input" for the switch, when you press the switch in "makes" the connection and sends this electrical signal down the "output" wire to the ABS unit...this tells the ABS unit that the switch has ben activated...

Quote from the first post in this thread:-

The ESC OFF button operates by sending a momentary 12V power supply to the ABS/ESC controller which trips the traction control off or on. All the button requires is any switched (powered on with ignition only) 12V supply & a connecting wire to the ABS/ESC controller. At the factory this is wired as a 12V supply coming from Fuse 34 (7.5A), in a Black/Yellow wire, to the switch (pin 10), & then a Purple/Green wire from the switch (pin 9) to the ABS/ESC controller going via pin5, connector T17d, at what VW call the “TIUL Coupling Point”.

So working back from the ABS unit:
pin 39 ABS unit to connector T17d pin 5..then from connector to pin 9 ESC switch...

Then pin 10 switch to a wire connected to fuse 34 (I used the EPB)

Last edited:

vanery

Easy if you know electrical....

The switch has an "input" side & an "output" side...the live wire I connected to my EPB live supplies a "live" "input" for the switch, when you press the switch in "makes" the connection and sends this electrical signal down the "output" wire to the ABS unit...this tells the ABS unit that the switch has ben activated...

Quote from the first post in this thread:-

The ESC OFF button operates by sending a momentary 12V power supply to the ABS/ESC controller which trips the traction control off or on. All the button requires is any switched (powered on with ignition only) 12V supply & a connecting wire to the ABS/ESC controller. At the factory this is wired as a 12V supply coming from Fuse 34 (7.5A), in a Black/Yellow wire, to the switch (pin 10), & then a Purple/Green wire from the switch (pin 9) to the ABS/ESC controller going via pin5, connector T17d, at what VW call the “TIUL Coupling Point”.

So working back from the ABS unit:
pin 39 ABS unit to connector T17d pin 5..then from connector to pin 9 ESC switch...

Then pin 10 switch to a wire connected to fuse 34 (I used the EPB)

Percent expression. You are amazing [emoji4] l so happy now.

I understand right now.
Esc Button pin 10 - Fuse Unit pin 34 (T17 pin1)
Esc Button pin 9 - ABS Unit pin 39 (T17 pin5)

I will share the picture when I make the connect. [emoji1303]

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Percent expression. You are amazing [emoji4] l so happy now.

I understand right now.
Esc Button pin 10 - Fuse Unit pin 34 (T17 pin1)
Esc Button pin 9 - ABS Unit pin 39 (T17 pin5)

I will share the picture when I make the connect. [emoji1303]

NOOO!!

ESC button (pin 10) to the black yellow wire for the EPB which is on wire loom for Fuse 34. (or any other switched live)

ESC button (pin 9) to connector T17d pin 5 (female side), then from pin 5 connector T17d pin 5 (male side) to pin 39 ABS controller....

or go direct from pin 9 esc button to pin 39 ABS...... I had part of the wiring from factory to T17d connector which I why a used connector T17d

vanery

NOOO!!

ESC button (pin 10) to the black yellow wire for the EPB which is on wire loom for Fuse 34. (or any other switched live)

ESC button (pin 9) to connector T17d pin 5 (female side), then from pin 5 connector T17d pin 5 (male side) to pin 39 ABS controller....

or go direct from pin 9 esc button to pin 39 ABS...... I had part of the wiring from factory to T17d connector which I why a used connector T17d

I'll go directly abs connector and fuse (live switch)

I wonder there is something else.
My can has a "Set" button and I don't know where to put it.
It there a document about set button.
I didn't wear TPMS, but I just want to se the tire setting when I press the set button.

Thank you again for answer.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I'll go directly abs connector and fuse (live switch)

I wonder there is something else.
My can has a "Set" button and I don't know where to put it.
It there a document about set button.
I didn't wear TPMS, but I just want to se the tire setting when I press the set button.

Thank you again for answer.

SET button for TPMS wire as follows:-

TPMS SET button (pin 10) to the black yellow wire for the EPB which is on wire loom for Fuse 34. (or any other switched live)

TPMS SET button (pin 9) to connector T17d (female side), then from connector T17d pin (male side) to pin 41 ABS controller....

or go direct from pin 9 TPMS SET button to pin 41 ABS......

Factory use the T17d connector as a "break" in the main wiring looms...I wired mine into & out of this so as per factory....it is easier & cheaper to NOT use the connector T17d.

TPMS is on infotainment screen?...then this button is direct control...

My how to fit TPMS button:-

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26020

vanery

SET button for TPMS wire as follows:-

TPMS SET button (pin 10) to the black yellow wire for the EPB which is on wire loom for Fuse 34. (or any other switched live)

TPMS SET button (pin 9) to connector T17d (female side), then from connector T17d pin (male side) to pin 41 ABS controller....

or go direct from pin 9 TPMS SET button to pin 41 ABS......

Factory use the T17d connector as a "break" in the main wiring looms...I wired mine into & out of this so as per factory....it is easier & cheaper to NOT use the connector T17d.

TPMS is on infotainment screen?...then this button is direct control...

My how to fit TPMS button:-

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26020

Perfect. You now, you are amazing [emoji6]

Thank you again.
I'll try it [emoji1303]

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Perfect. You now, you are amazing [emoji6]

Thank you again.
I'll try it [emoji1303]

Thanks....I just try to help & pass on useful information...:cool:

cgentil

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

It's possible to get more options on Infotainment without the button?

Now I only have

02 = ESC & ASR ON / ASR OFF / Blank (Standard for most Golf’s)

I'd like to make it working

05 = ESC & ASR ON / ASR OFF / ESC OFF

But I don't have the button, it's still possible to get this only on screen?

Anyway I tried to follow that instructions but byte 29 is empty, shows nothing.

Thanks.

Anyone? When I put the bit on byte 29 it gives me a error, my module doesn't support it?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Anyone? When I put the bit on byte 29 it gives me a error, my module doesn't support it?

Correct....the module isn't a high enough spec...
what are you using to do the coding..OBD11 or VCDS?

cgentil

Passed Driver's Ed
Correct....the module isn't a high enough spec...
what are you using to do the coding..OBD11 or VCDS?

VCDS.

If you prefer I can post the error later and the module part no.

cgentil

Passed Driver's Ed

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
ABS Brakes (J104)

Part No SW: 5Q0 907 379 AC HW: 5Q0 907 379 D

It's possible?

Thanks.

no other information from the ABS unit in the scan??? what version of VCDS are you using???

cgentil

Passed Driver's Ed
no other information from the ABS unit in the scan??? what version of VCDS are you using???

What information do you need?

It also says H75 0437