GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

U.S.-market 2019 VW Golf R finally gets vivid Spektrum color options

civicdrivr

Ready to race!
Yep, now if people actually buy them lol

civicdrivr

Ready to race!
It looks like the 2019s have a few more colors compared to the Canadian 18s too.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
I do love the color choices. Would I spend that much for a different color? I don't know. Knowing how I tend to want a new vehicle every few years, a funky custom color might make the car harder to sell when I wanted to switch. And of course, getting touch-up paint might be a bit, erm, touchy.

But then again, some of those colors are really cool.

Now if there was just some choice of interior color....

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Or if we could option Euro Sport seats...or a sunroof, or even just have Reflex Silver as a base color.

I appreciate that different regions have different demographics and things like that, and there are costs to adding certain items to the car, but man the NAR cars get a raw deal with options despite being made in the same factory.

Rodcollier1

Ready to race!
Or if we could option Euro Sport seats...or a sunroof, or even just have Reflex Silver as a base color.

I appreciate that different regions have different demographics and things like that, and there are costs to adding certain items to the car, but man the NAR cars get a raw deal with options despite being made in the same factory.

Agreed, what the hell happened to Silver availability for GTI’s and Golf R? I thought that was one of their best colors and a safe / common color most people find desirable regardless of the car class/model.

'16 MK7 R Manual
Uni Stage 2 & BCS Exhaust

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
There are several interesting colors to pick from and would love to see these on the road.

RudyH

Go Kart Champion
I do love the color choices. Would I spend that much for a different color? I don't know. Knowing how I tend to want a new vehicle every few years, a funky custom color might make the car harder to sell when I wanted to switch. And of course, getting touch-up paint might be a bit, erm, touchy.

But then again, some of those colors are really cool.

Now if there was just some choice of interior color....

That was exactly my thinking, and went with the black. For the price of paint, you can get a wrap to customize your car to the color you want without sacrificing resale.

Agreed, if I could get some nicer 'super sport seats' like the S3 / RS3 I would have bought them in a heart beat!! I'm still scavenging S3 / RS3 at the wreckers with the least amount of blood on them

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
A good wrap is more than $2500 and then it’s still a wrap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
A good wrap is more than $2500 and then it’s still a wrap.

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
Awesome. I probably wouldn't for that price, but options are good.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Might be interested in a Ginster yellow w dsg if I pull the plug on my currently failed turbo upgrade attempt.

VDubberinDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
I agree. And, IMHO, $2.5k is -- relatively speaking -- a bargain in the grand scheme of custom colors. Porsche, for example, get $6k for its custom colors; BMW $5k. Thus, $2.5k for a custom colored V-Dub manufactured in Germany t'ain't bad.

I agree, its a good price, my BMW M was 5000.00 for custom color