GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
I wouldn't buy a used turbo......

?? People buy used IS38's all the time though, even used IS20's etc etc. I think its just a matter of buying a used turbo that isnt broken haha, ie Shaft play. Hell I had a used IS38 in my GTI and it was awesome, no issues what so ever.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Just to clear things up, there has only been one that has been reported that has failed and it wasn't a cracked housing but bearing related. It was Ricky's.

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
Ricky's is the only reported failure. No housings have been cracked. I don't know where all this misinformation comes from and continues to be regurgitated.

Travis9935

Ready to race!
Ricky's is the only reported failure. No housings have been cracked. I don't know where all this misinformation comes from and continues to be regurgitated.
Is Ricky the one that sold the warranted replacement Turbo?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Define DOA. What part was bad? How does that even happen?

Awhile back a guy on one of the FB groups claimed he bought one and it arrived with a machining/clearance issue on one of the housings, and he had to exchange it.

I left all the MK7 FB groups a long time ago so I don't have anything to support that.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Awhile back a guy on one of the FB groups claimed he bought one and it arrived with a machining/clearance issue on one of the housings, and he had to exchange it.

I left all the MK7 FB groups a long time ago so I don't have anything to support that.

Ahh, I may have heard through the grapevine that someone's DV wouldn't seal properly. I believe Ricky claimed that as well. I slapped my stock DV right on the turbo (no adapter) and it's been fine.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie

Never seen that and I'm on that FB a good bit cuz I'm bored as hell at work most of the time. Also did a search and that didn't pop up. You possibly could be thinking of machining at DV is off a little so sometimes stock DVs don't seal properly so Tomioka sent them their DV.

Ahh, I may have heard through the grapevine that someone's DV wouldn't seal properly. I believe Ricky claimed that as well. I slapped my stock DV right on the turbo (no adapter) and it's been fine.

Yeah I have my stock DV as well but some have had to get the Tomioka DV because of sealing issue.

gebrajake

I’ve now got a thousand miles on my IHX475 and absolutely loving it. I am running the normal stage 2 tunes for now. I purchased the kit but ended up removing the DV+ as it was throwing a soft code and disabling by adaptive cruise control.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
How far away is the Tuning required on the Tomioka turbo VS the IS38 software file?

Is custom tuning mandatory on the Tomioka?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gebrajake

How far away is the Tuning required on the Tomioka turbo VS the IS38 software file?

Is custom tuning mandatory on the Tomioka?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know what the power difference would be, but on Tomiokas website they even say you can run it on a stock tune. I’ve been pushing the car hard like I normally do and haven’t had any issues so far. But I’m on stage 2 obviously.