GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

Smith

Just got back from the dealer.

$35,650, 3.4% APR, 2018 GTI Autobahn Manual. I also got an additional $1500 in rebates so it was more like $34,150. Works for me, I pick it up Monday. Black :)

Smith

34,150 OTD, right?

(Edit: Before taxes) OTD it was like $37k with the ugly business stuff like taxes. I only got like $690 in savings and they wouldn't budge. I was using USAA's Car Buying Service and they actually gave me a few bucks over it. They did beat USAA's APR on the auto loan for the same term. It's through Volkswagen Credit

$1000 with the smile and drive thing and then $500 for veterans discount are the rebates

Edit: I should add that it's without any options, so no homelink mirror. At least that's what it says on the form. They were telling me at the dealership that the options "are built into the cost" but the car I ended up picking I didn't look at the options at all. I was originally looking for a silver and red but they only had a couple whites and an iron blue and when we looked further out there was a black and I figured it'd be a better color to vinyl wrap silver eventually *shruggs*

Last edited:

suneohair1

Passed Driver's Ed
Used 2018 Autobahn
4k miles / -6 months of warranty
DSG
Homelink Mirror
Wheel locks
Roadside Kit
Monster Mats
Splash Guards
Door edge and cup guards

Negotiated Price: $28,500
MSRP: ~$38,038

Foxthewhite

2018 GTI S pure white DSG
MSRP 28685
Total discount 4750 including 500 partner program with SCCA
0.9% VW finance
349 dealer fee
OTD 24284

Not much negotiation, just emailing different dealers for prices and asking the dealer closest to home to match.

Last edited:

LetsTakeATrip

Passed Driver's Ed
Where from? that's not a bad deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheehy in Springfield, VA. Agreed to price via email. Scott there had everything ready to go when I arrived and it took all of about 45 minutes. Great experience.

There are some complaints about them advertising prices that exclude freight/processing fees and include discounts you only get through financing with them but they happily explain all that and even after that the deal was excellent. Should clarify that my price doesn’t include any military or student discounts or the partner program thing.

Edit: also the financing allows prepaying without penalty.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Sheehy in Springfield, VA. Agreed to price via email. Scott there had everything ready to go when I arrived and it took all of about 45 minutes. Great experience.

There are some complaints about them advertising prices that exclude freight/processing fees and include discounts you only get through financing with them but they happily explain all that and even after that the deal was excellent. Should clarify that my price doesn’t include any military or student discounts or the partner program thing.

Edit: also the financing allows prepaying without penalty.

Dang. Yeah I've heard tons of good things about Sheehy. Also heard bad things. But seeing that you got this deal here makes me want to go there, knowing what I know about how to get a good deal.

LetsTakeATrip

Passed Driver's Ed
Dang. Yeah I've heard tons of good things about Sheehy. Also heard bad things. But seeing that you got this deal here makes me want to go there, knowing what I know about how to get a good deal.

My experience with Scott was definitely positive. Not gonna lie, I was holding my breath until I drove off the lot because it felt too good to be true and it was complicated by my being from out of state, but there were no surprises.

sailakfan

Passed Driver's Ed

If you are out of state, below are the added cost from Sheehy received via email couple of weeks back.

"Our online price is competitive in the DMV market area. There is a $500 difference for our out of state customers.

The way pricing works,

online price w/ offered standard rate + $500 Out of state adjustment+ $799 processing fee + $850 freight fee + $400 out of state tag fee + 6.25% TX tax + .17% Fairfax Co. Business tax"

LetsTakeATrip

Passed Driver's Ed
If you are out of state, below are the added cost from Sheehy received via email couple of weeks back.

"Our online price is competitive in the DMV market area. There is a $500 difference for our out of state customers.

The way pricing works,

online price w/ offered standard rate + $500 Out of state adjustment+ $799 processing fee + $850 freight fee + $400 out of state tag fee + 6.25% TX tax + .17% Fairfax Co. Business tax"

For me at least the $400 out of state tag fee was not a fee - it’s essentially a deposit and they sign an agreement to refund you any of it that isn’t necessary for the fees associated with registering it and getting tags in your state.

I just ran through all my numbers and I definitely did not pay a $500 out of state adjustment. But I lived in Virginia until recently so maybe I was grandfathered in.