GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mk7 sun shades: OEM vs aftermarket

dah90

Ready to race!
I’ve been using the VW onefor my GTI the past couple weeks since I moved to CA. I haven’t had any issues with it.

slow12s

Ready to race!
Here you go. Hope these help.

Thanks! Mine is a little further over than yours so might be a little bit tighter fit, but that gives me some additional confidence for sure, thanks...will likely be ordering one soon now

GTI-Jay

Ready to race!
i got this. Fits perfect, even bought a 2nd for when this one finally gives up the ghost, which it has no sign of doing so, even after nearly 3yrs of use. I use it even if i'm stopping for 5mins. just habit, that takes me no more than a few secs now. if you cant be bothered to click the link, its a dickies from WM for $12. Has an excellent folding mechanism, easy to unfold, and only a fraction of the price of many others, and it is what i would consider a premium product that has stood the test of time.

Last edited:

officerwoo

I have the vw one and I can't stand it. Its about an inch short in both sides and is extremely flimsy and sags in the middle. Was also disappointed that the vw logo was extremely smaller than the picture.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Hotfart

Ready to race!
The OEM VW one is a pain in the ass, so I never really used it. I ended up ordering a gold colored Covercraft, which recently arrived. It's so much easier & quicker to use than the OEM shade. Plus, the gold color really looks good with Carbon Steel Gray.

Last edited:

RichardCranium

Ready to race!
I've got the blue colored accordion style covercraft. It does a great job of keeping the interior cool during the day, and the surface facing the sun gets hot enough to burn your hand on. Only real criticism is the fact that it's an inch short in width on both sides, but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference in functionality. I'm glad I went with a rigid one instead of those cheap goofy fold-up ones.

Hotfart

Ready to race!
Gold with CSG

Attachments

• IMG_20180830_182737533_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180830_182737533_HDR.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 966

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Just go to covercraft.com and punch in your details and it will give you a part number when you put it in the shopping cart. Then you can Google it for other sources such as Ebay and Amazon. I have bought from both in the past and were always just drop-shipped right out of Covercraft.

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
Just go to covercraft.com and punch in your details and it will give you a part number when you put it in the shopping cart. Then you can Google it for other sources such as Ebay and Amazon. I have bought from both in the past and were always just drop-shipped right out of Covercraft.

Thanks!
Covercraft.com ended up being cheaper than ebay, and the specific one for a 2019 SE was not available on Amazon so I will go direct this time. Part #UV11576SV for those interested.
Cheers!

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I have the VW one adn I can say it fits great. Hhowever, the issue for me is the Velcro is on the d. side (left) so it's a PITA to roll up. Likely made for Euro right-hand drive vehicles.