GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dkm stage 3 clutch

TheProfessional

Go Kart Newbie
For the people that had the plastic units fail, was the actual housing that failed or just the seals letting go? I am curious because people knock the plastic units a lot but forget that the clutch master is plastic as well.

On the FTE one, the plastic portion of the arm was snapped off.

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
After reading this thread it seems like this clutch is hit or miss. I was going to order one when I tuned the car but I don't know if I want this brand anymore.

Feelsbadman.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
The clutch really is good, there have been a couple issues but all companies have issues, there really have only been a couple reported issues and maybe it seems like it's a lot on here but put bk in perspective there are only a few issues with how many I'm sure have been sold. Idk I still think it's a great clutch and my issues have been with throw out bearings,

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Dragk913

Go Kart Newbie
If anyone is interested, I have a brand new DKM Stage 3 clutch kit (PN: MS-034-060) for sale in the classifieds section.

I decided to go with DKM's Stage 2 clutch. I have about 600mi on it so far and it's great. The initial break-in went smoothly (didn't stall once with the ridiculously heavy pedal!), and now I'm back to running my E-30 JB4 map with no issues. The clutch holds well, and I love the SMF. There is a chatter with the A/C on while in neutral, but with the radio on I don't hear it :)

slow12s

Ready to race!
After reading this thread it seems like this clutch is hit or miss. I was going to order one when I tuned the car but I don't know if I want this brand anymore.

Feelsbadman.

honestly exactly how I'm feelilng...still on the fence for the route I'm going to go clutch-wise, but the DKM twin disc was my first choice, now I'm not as confident on that choice...luckily I haven't had any clutch slippage yet *knock on wood* so still just going to keep creeping on this thread and see how I'm feeling when the time comes...from seeing BMP's posts on facebook, it looks like they're pretty much caught up with orders on the DKM twin disc, but when my clutch goes I want to have all my research done and be confident with my replacement choice

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
If anyone is interested, I have a brand new DKM Stage 3 clutch kit (PN: MS-034-060) for sale in the classifieds section.

I decided to go with DKM's Stage 2 clutch. I have about 600mi on it so far and it's great. The initial break-in went smoothly (didn't stall once with the ridiculously heavy pedal!), and now I'm back to running my E-30 JB4 map with no issues. The clutch holds well, and I love the SMF. There is a chatter with the A/C on while in neutral, but with the radio on I don't hear it :)

Great to hear! Same exact experience here, 550+ mi on mine. Gotten significantly lighter after a few hundred miles... now it's only a little stiffer than stock.

dub_guy

Ready to race!
Just wondering who here is waiting for a clutch (and when did you order)?

DKM has stopped talking to my Canadian vendor, and I'm getting increasingly pissed with them as a company as I watch them fill orders in the US and give stuff away to YouTubers. Especially when I'm 99% sure they have filled orders to US vendors that have come after my order was placed.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Depends on how far your willing to take it. I'm about to be in it with them right now, it's going on 2 days since a response, they were very fast to respond initially and said they would send a new tb out right away until I challenged them about replacing the clutch pack cause of fluid contamination and tb parts in the pressure plate and clutch pack, have not heard a word since. Which should all be warranted due to there failed parts
The issues are poor quality control and customer service. If you have issues then you are probably on your own.

Crackness1

Ready to race!
I doubt they put a broken one in the box when they were preparing to ship it.
I think the implied question was "was it damaged during shipping" ...or did it break and fail while installed?

IceBerg4k1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Depends on how far your willing to take it. I'm about to be in it with them right now, it's going on 2 days since a response, they were very fast to respond initially and said they would send a new tb out right away until I challenged them about replacing the clutch pack cause of fluid contamination and tb parts in the pressure plate and clutch pack, have not heard a word since. Which should all be warranted due to there failed parts

I feel your pain man. Going on 6 weeks since the whole debacle started for me. 4 weeks to get the clutch issues resolved and 2 weeks on promising me a credit for the clutch which still hasn't been received. One excuse after the other. "We submitted the credit to BMP for processing but it didn't work" or "we are testing a new billing/operations program." Neither of which are my problem. I have to follow up every 2 days for updates otherwise they would never do anything.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I feel your pain man. Going on 6 weeks since the whole debacle started for me. 4 weeks to get the clutch issues resolved and 2 weeks on promising me a credit for the clutch which still hasn't been received. One excuse after the other. "We submitted the credit to BMP for processing but it didn't work" or "we are testing a new billing/operations program." Neither of which are my problem. I have to follow up every 2 days for updates otherwise they would never do anything.
You should just file a small claims suit for it all, labor and such, if/when they dont show for court then you get the decision but collect is another story, then have to out a lean on things or whatever. You have been more than patient and they have had more than ample time to settle