GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Loss of power/engine stumbling on track

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
Hi team - I have done 4 track days in my 2015 GTI now and over the last two I have had a reoccurring loss of power, or sort of engine stumble, on two specific corners. The car is stock except for JB1 (map 4) and brake upgrades.

Both corners are similar in that they are fast downhills into fairly sharp right hand uphills. I'll come down, brake hard and start my turn in, as I start to apply power and track out to the corner exit, the power will cut off and on a few times and then come back on fully. It lurches back and forth a good bit when this happens. I just ordered OBD11 so I wasn't using it when it occurred. I typically take the corner in 3rd (at about 3-3500 RPM when i start to roll on throttle), but I have tried the corner in second too and then same thing happens. Any advice???

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
It sounds like it could be similar issues I've experienced sometimes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRgpbP2E_yQ

about 0:57 here

I think everytime it happened it is after some events where the car's ESC might be upset, in this case I think I went into full braking when the car is still loaded up from the kink prior.

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, that looks/sounds very similar to my issue. I will research the various ECS coding options through VCDS. Have you tried changing hte brake coding at all?

DAS_STIG

Banned
Do you have traction control Off/ESC sport or ? Sounds like traction control kicking in.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
ESC Sport, basically the stock configuration. I can't change it based on the class rule so that's what I got and I have to be aware of the limitation.