GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sachs coilovers

AR11

Ready to race!
Are the shocks adjustable? Try more damping. I'm nearly certain this is the key.

Front bar will help - does way more than rear bar in terms of controlling body roll. Tires (specifically sidewall stiffness) have an incredible impact on the level of floaty-ness feeling but you will trade ride comfort in exchange for something good and stiff like the RE71r. You can change bushings to your heart's content but I don't think it will significantly improve what you are describing.

GTiTES81

Ready to race!
They are and I have them set at 16/20. Tires are Michelin PS4s so plenty stiff I believe. I'll have to take off rear links and see if it's maybe the rear bar overpowering the front if that's possible.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

AR11

Ready to race!
The rear-biased anti-sway isn't causing what you're describing. I'd first try various settings including 20/20. Check tire pressure as well. Did you get an alignment after the install? Bad toe settings could cause wonky handling over uneven stuff or when shifting weight.

GTiTES81

Ready to race!
Tried 20/20. Tore pressure at 38 all around. Alignment done 100 miles after coilover instal.

I'm out of ideas. Maybe my expectation is too high?
The rear-biased anti-sway isn't causing what you're describing. I'd first try various settings including 20/20. Check tire pressure as well. Did you get an alignment after the install? Bad toe settings could cause wonky handling over uneven stuff or when shifting weight.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
„On rough or broken pavement, anti-roll bars can produce jarring, side-to-side body motions (a "waddling" sensation), which increase in severity with the diameter and stiffness of the sway bars.“

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-roll_bar

My personal job experience is similar. The higher the spring rates/damping forces/roll bar stiffness are the less you use the benefits of an independent suspension in terms of comfort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AR11

Ready to race!
I think it might be a case of expectations. Isn't Sachs kind of in the "OEM+" arena? Keep in mind, though, that the rock hard coilovers you may have experienced in a cheap WRX set up (I am guilty of this) or similar will be stiff but not necessarily higher performance. Compliance contributes to maintaining grip on uneven surfaces.

The FSB does make a big difference - I would recommend you try that before doing something like tearing the sachs off and buying something else. You'll probably wind up putting a FSB on anyway regardless of which suspension you settle on.

Where do you have your ride height set? Severely lowering the car worsens the roll center (lowers it) and could be causing roll.

GTiTES81

Ready to race!
I have it at roughly 75% down. 38mm down and 12mm to go which per Sachs is within spec for their coils.

I think it might be a case of expectations. Isn't Sachs kind of in the "OEM+" arena? Keep in mind, though, that the rock hard coilovers you may have experienced in a cheap WRX set up (I am guilty of this) or similar will be stiff but not necessarily higher performance. Compliance contributes to maintaining grip on uneven surfaces.

The FSB does make a big difference - I would recommend you try that before doing something like tearing the sachs off and buying something else. You'll probably wind up putting a FSB on anyway regardless of which suspension you settle on.

Where do you have your ride height set? Severely lowering the car worsens the roll center (lowers it) and could be causing roll.

GTiTES81

Ready to race!
Yeah that's what I was thinking.
„On rough or broken pavement, anti-roll bars can produce jarring, side-to-side body motions (a "waddling" sensation), which increase in severity with the diameter and stiffness of the sway bars.“

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-roll_bar

My personal job experience is similar. The higher the spring rates/damping forces/roll bar stiffness are the less you use the benefits of an independent suspension in terms of comfort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk