GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
To my knowledge there is only one color variant available.

pic from: https://shops.volkswagen.com/de_DE/...d-rueckleuchten-fuer-golf-7-gp-5g1052200c-10#

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
If I understand correct the VW retrofit kit 5G1052200C is slightly tinted right?

All the 7.5 dynamics are the same "tint", there's only one version. The different is that the kit has all 4 pieces, otherwise you have to order 4 light part numbers.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
All the 7.5 dynamics are the same "tint", there's only one version. The different is that the kit has all 4 pieces, otherwise you have to order 4 light part numbers.

The nice thing is that with the mk7 LED tails the lights are available individually. When I had the OEM LED tails on my mk5 I knew that if one died or was damaged you had to buy the whole kit again.

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
The nice thing is that with the mk7 LED tails the lights are available individually. When I had the OEM LED tails on my mk5 I knew that if one died or was damaged you had to buy the whole kit again.

It's the same with the MK7.5 lights (i ordered mine before the kit was available). All the part numbers for the individual pieces are on page1 if you need a replacement.

Kip2MyLou

Ready to race!
Yeah there's individual parts numbers for all 4 parts or there's one part number for the whole kit. It's on the previous page I think. Same result either way you go.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
It's the same with the MK7.5 lights (i ordered mine before the kit was available). All the part numbers for the individual pieces are on page1 if you need a replacement.

I guess I should have wrote 7 and 7.5 lights (I have the dynamics on my 18). I look at it all as one generation :eek:

sshlyk

Ready to race!
I am installing dap harness and from what I read here, provided coding will not work for 2017 gti sport (built June 17). Should I just follow coding posted by ZERO815?

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I am installing dap harness and from what I read here, provided coding will not work for 2017 gti sport (built June 17). Should I just follow coding posted by ZERO815?

I wouldn’t recommend this because the harnesses are made differently. Send you a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sshlyk

Ready to race!
I wouldn’t recommend this because the harnesses are made differently. Send you a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome, thank you! My lights will arrive in few days, but I decided to pre-wire everything. Browsing through the forum I found that DAP coding instructions will not work for gti sport:
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?p=599163&highlight=sport#post599163

Wish they included diagram as well so I can check terminals for continuity.

sshlyk

Ready to race!
Just installed my lights and as expected I might be having issues with coding.
I started with DAP instructions, so other folks with the same setup can benefit as well. Seems like lights work as expected: brake, reverse, lights on, dynamic turn signal (partially works).

Here is the issue with my turn signals:
1. Left turn signal: both right and left are working
2. Right turn signal: nothing works
3. Hazard lights: both work

Update: app shows Left brake lamp/turn signal bulb error (open circuit/short circuit B+)

At this point, I plan to look at ZERO815 instructions, and see what I can change, however, if you guys know what could be wrong, please, let me know. Including DAP instructions that I followed (I wrote down factory default values just in case):

Last edited:

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Just installed my lights and as expected I might be having issues with coding.
I started with DAP instructions, so other folks with the same setup can benefit as well. Seems like lights work as expected: brake, reverse, lights on, dynamic turn signal (partially works).

Here is the issue with my turn signals:
1. Left turn signal: both right and left are working
2. Right turn signal: nothing works
3. Hazard lights: both work

Update: app shows Left brake lamp/turn signal bulb error (open circuit/short circuit B+)

At this point, I plan to look at ZERO815 instructions, and see what I can change, however, if you guys know what could be wrong, please, let me know. Including DAP instructions that I followed (I wrote down factory default values just in case):

Instead of "Blinken Rechts Hellphase", you probably have "Blinken Links Hellphase" in Lichtfunktion C 24.

As for the error, if it's only popping up in OBDeleven/VCDS during a scan, I wouldn't worry too much about it. JBale provided a fix for his harness, but it was dependent on whether or not the harness included fogs. It deals with changing a Lasttyp value to tell the car what bulb type (LED) is being used, though.

Edit: JBale non-fog (what I have) has Lasttyp28 set to 41. Others were successful when setting this to 6.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sshlyk

Ready to race!
Instead of "Blinken Rechts Hellphase", you probably have "Blinken Links Hellphase" in Lichtfunktion C 24.

As for the error, if it's only popping up in OBDeleven/VCDS during a scan, I wouldn't worry too much about it. JBale provided a fix for his harness, but it was dependent on whether or not the harness included fogs. It deals with changing a Lasttyp value to tell the car what bulb type (LED) is being used, though.

Edit: JBale non-fog (what I have) has Lasttyp28 set to 41. Others were successful when setting this to 6.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Awesome, that was exactly what happen. As for error I do not really care as long as it does not pop up on my dashboard.

sshlyk

Ready to race!
Lights look awesome. In my case, DAP harness and coding works on 2017 GTI Sport.

* Curious if anyone adjusted turn signal brightness, do not want to blind anyone behind me :)
* Is there a way to dim rear running lights as well so there is a contract between brake and running lights?
* Is it a good idea to enable daytime running rear lights? (Before DRL I used to drive with lights on for better visibility) ?

sshlyk

Ready to race!
Found some answers. For DAP harness

* to adjust brightness of blinkers channel 23/24 and change dimmer (0-127)
* to adjust running lights brightness channel 27 and change dimmer (0-127)
* to enable rear DRL channel 27 -> B27 -> Tagfahrlicht

Would like to learn how to set different dimming level when DLR is on and when running lights are on. I set brightness to `55` since with 127 it is a little harder to tell brake light from running lights apart. When adjusting brightness you may find some leds on the tail lights flickering, you just need to keep incrementing/decrementing value by one until you find stable one.

sshlyk

Ready to race!
For those who are interested in rear DRL I have a coding solution (2017 gti sport, no auto light). I set brightness to 10% in DLR mode and 60% when headlights are on (to replicate original rear lights that had contrast between running and breaking lights)

Leuchte27NSL RC6:
1) Enable rear DRL and set brightness to 10%
* Lichtfunktion A 27 -> Tagfahrlicht
* Dimmwert AB 27 -> 10
2) Enable rear lights when headlights are on
* Lichtfunktion C 27 -> Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht, Positionslicht, Begrenzungslicht)
* Dimmwert CD 27 -> 60

Curious to hear if 60% is not bright enough or if you think contrast is not necessary.