GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone expeirencing excessive oil consumption?

Ghawkins

Ready to race!
‘15 GTI MT, PP. changed oil at 2,000 and every 5,000 since. The oil level has never been below FULL at any check. Now at 32,000. My break-in schedule was definitely old school. But then I am old school.

Internexus

Ready to race!
Dear diary...

It is the 11th week now without my esteemed GTI and I feel I've lost hope... Perhaps all is lost as I drive in this soulless 2018 Passat which I've named "the biggest piece of shit in the world". As I drive this hoopty I can only look back at the days that I enjoyed my MK7 and the joy that it brought to my life.

In all seriousness, yes I'm on the ELEVENTH week of the dealership having my car now. Last week they cracked the motor open and despite having a "normal compression test" they tell me a piston ring was broken. The fact that the ring is broken doesn't surprise me much because I felt the car was a bit down on power the last several weeks of driving it before handing it over to the dealership. Still baffles me how the dealer can perform a compression test and not write down the numbers or anything, say it's "normal" and then surprise surprise a piston ring is broken that doesn't add up at all.

Anyways, I digress. The piston ring ended up tearing up the cylinder wall according to the dealership so they've ordered a new long block that is to arrive either today or tomorrow. So with any luck I can imagine having my car back by the end of the week. Realistically though I figure I'll have it back within the next six months because they seem to have some seriously incompetent people working at that dealership.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Realistically though I figure I'll have it back within the next six months because they seem to have some seriously incompetent people working at that dealership.

Always best to expect the worst.

Less disappointment than getting excited all the time ;)

RogueGTI

Ready to race!
Thought this story sounded familiar, from the other thread regarding resale value. The biggest key peice of info on the opening post, was that this was a sudden change after 30kmi+ of normal consumption. Sorry this is happening to you. Good thing you're getting a replacement engine. And good diagnostic approach. Intake valve seals or blown ring, agreed, and the telltale fouled plug.