GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best place to source new IS38

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
So I'm curious where people are getting the newest revision of the IS38? I know ecs and other shops sell the packages, but doubt they are the newest revision?

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Don't hack my thread! Haha

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Also what is the newest revision?

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Mine is coming off the car on Tuesday, if you want a cheap local-ish option.

How many miles on it? What revision? How hard were you pushing it? Who's doing the swap? ACH?

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Ach doing the swap - I don't trust anyone else, not even me!

Rev. H. It wasn't pushed hard. You can look at all my logs if you'd like. Typically 26psi peak, tapering to 23psi by redline. Pretty mellow.

I bought it used @ 18k mi, and have had it on the car for... 5k? Maybe less. 20-23k mi total. No issues at all, spools and holds boost like a champ.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Ach doing the swap - I don't trust anyone else, not even me!

Rev. H. It wasn't pushed hard. You can look at all my logs if you'd like. Typically 26psi peak, tapering to 23psi by redline. Pretty mellow.

I bought it used @ 18k mi, and have had it on the car for... 5k? Maybe less. 20-23k mi total. No issues at all, spools and holds boost like a champ.

How much are they charging you to do it? I normally have Bryan do all my work at about 1/4 the cost, but for a full turbo replacement I may try ACH.... what turbo you switching to? IS38 not enough? Seems like 360-380 is plenty on this platform? What time were you running

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
$600ish. I need it done same-day, so having a few techs to work on it at the same time is a must. It's my daily, so I can't have it down during the week at all.

I picked up one of the EQT turbos. Should be quite a bump over the IS38. It was good, but I'm hungry for more :)

No 1/4mi times, but I have a number of 60-130's on dragy. My best time was 11.0s flat, on a 2% incline. That is right around 380whp, based on times from other similarly set up cars.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Look for F (ideally)

If not S or T appear to be new versions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sold on 'F' being the end-all, be-all revision. Especially with an OTS tune. Didn't Deviation/5150 have some issues that had to be corrected via custom tuning?