GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
So assuming that I was able to install the 7.5 tails along with the appropriate rear fog wires / coding. Is there anything else I need to turn them on?

Your 2017 SE doesn’t need the trigger wire between light switch and BCM because it already has the front fogs. I guess you have the proper light switch. Did you enable the new light switch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

etrips

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golfffff Rrrrrr
Guess it would help if the coding saved. Thanks!

bbjwvr6

Passed Driver's Ed
In order to prevent the sweep for hazards/lock/unlock I have the following workaround for my harness #4715. I use Leuchte21BR to power the LED tail control modules.

If your (4)-Leuchte21BR RC8-Lichtfunktion A 21 is not used as brake light but as Klemme30G, Klemme15... or so you can try the following:

Select Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
Security access
Access Code 31347
Adaptation
(3)-Dyn. turn signal modes-ZV_Blinken_zu
value = active
(4)-Dyn. turn signal modes-ZV_Blinken_auf
value = active
(16)-Dyn. turn signal modes-Warnblinken_Zuendung_EIN
value = active
(17)-Dyn. turn signal modes-Warnblinken_Zuendung_AUS
value = active
(8)-Leuchte21BR RC8-Lichtfunktion C 21
value = Aktive Blinkfunktion hat ein auf 1 gesetztes zugeordnetes Bit in pa_dynamisch_blinken
(10)-Leuchte21BR RC8-Dimmwert CD 21
value = 0
(11)-Leuchte21BR RC8-Dimming Direction CD 21
value = minimize

Can you explain the role that the value

Aktive Blinkfunktion hat ein auf 1 gesetztes zugeordnetes Bit in pa_dynamisch_blinken

has when used as an alpha channel value? In a thread on the VWWatercooled site DV52 talks about using this to create "pace car" hazards. I am trying to combine your code with his to create non-sweeping alternating inner-outer hazards (I have inner and outer turn signal channels). But I can't quite figure out the logic of that alpha channel setting.

https://youtu.be/cc-NirmffCE

Last edited:

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Doubtful. The 200C kit only includes three wires. A yellow wire to connect to the BCM and distribute the Dynamic channel to each of the four lights. And white and blue wires to jump the Tail/Power from the outer pin 2 to the inner pin 4.

The instructions expect you to de-pin your 4/5 pin connectors and move the wires to new 8 pin connectors that are not included in the kit.

To make matters worse, the kit (configured per the included instructions) is only compatible with late MY17 ROW cars which have completely different wiring than earlier models. As best as I can tell, the late MY17 wiring brings the inner turn signal channels to the 5 pin connectors. These wires were absent from previous ROW cars.

If you were seeking to follow the instructions with the kit and get full OEM compatibility, you would need to bring two extra wires to the BCM (in addition to the included yellow one), if you have a pre mid MY2017 ROW car, and you would four additional wires if you have a pre 2018 NAR car.

2018 NAR cars, might be able to make the kit work out of the box, but would still need to run the included yellow wire to the BCM, if you are doing this per instructions.

Do the B and C kit come with he same wires?
I have a 2016 ROW with factory LED. Am I better off trying to adapt the included harness or just seek a completely custom one?

LFTMON

Ready to race!
Do the B and C kit come with he same wires?
I have a 2016 ROW with factory LED. Am I better off trying to adapt the included harness or just seek a completely custom one?

This is what I’m trying to figure out for my ROW MY15

bbjwvr6

Passed Driver's Ed
This is what I’m trying to figure out for my ROW MY15

I can’t speak to what is in the B kit, but the C kit only includes a yellow wire that goes to the BCM and each of the four tail lights and a blue wire between the inner and outer left tails as well as a white wire between the inner and outer right tails.

If you understand enough to make or alter a harness, that is all you need to know. Otherwise, you should be buying a harness from someone.

EDIT: I'll also say, that the instructions included in my kit (5G1052200C) include the instructions for RHD vehicles and the instructions are identical with two exceptions. For LHD they call for 4x 1K8972928B connectors and for RHD for 2x 1K8972928B and 2x 1K8972928C. And the other is a slight difference in where the wires go.

So I highly doubt the RHD kit has any more wires than the LHD one. Additionally I can't find the 5G1052200B kit anywhere so I'm not even sure if there is one. There IS a 5G1052200D kit, but that appears to be a kit with the older style LEDs, but designed for post 11/2016 wiring.

Last edited:

LFTMON

Ready to race!

Finally.. no idea what adapters were used but didn’t have to remove nothing, just the lights and plug the new ones in with a harness! Set them to daytime running too.

Although the sweep seems a bit too fast?

ck23

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
19 R (DSG) - Lapiz
The 5G1 052 200C kit includes:

Left outer - 5G0945207G
Right outer - 5G0945208G
Left inner - 5G0945307P w/ rear fog
Right inner - 5G0945308P w/o rear fog

All you need in addition is a harness and the correct coding for the harness you purchase or make.

So just to confirm because I have not ordered from e-acca before, kit #5G1 052 200C is for the complete OEM set of the MK 7.5 dynamic tails? Then, one could pick up a harness from someone like DAP, code, and be done?

EOTech

So just to confirm because I have not ordered from e-acca before, kit #5G1 052 200C is for the complete OEM set of the MK 7.5 dynamic tails? Then, one could pick up a harness from someone like DAP, code, and be done?

I have a JBale harness that is for Mk7 to Mk7.5 Euro Tails if you want. Send me a PM if you're interested.

ryan13mt

Just for everyones information especially those who live in europe. I just bought the 5G2052200B kit and these are the part numbers of the lights inside

5G0.945.307.Q Left inner without rear fog
5G0.945.308.Q Right inner with rear fog
5G0.945.208.G Right outer
5G0.945.207.G Left outer

bbjwvr6

Passed Driver's Ed
Full OE Install, with reversability

For my installation, I decided to go full OE and run all five of the required wires back to the BCM. There is a small amount of additional functionality that can be accessed by doing it this way. I was inspired by this thread,

DIY-NAR-OEM-taillights-to-EURO-LED-to-7-5-Facelift-and-Harness-Discussion

which shows how to go from OEM MK7 LEDs to MK7.5 dynamics, while keeping the reversability. I don't have the 1st Gen LEDs, however.

I wanted full 7.5 functionality, and because I expect to hold the car for a long time, the ability to roll back to either a factory NAR incandescent or a factory ROW incandescent, without touching the wiring again (except to unclip the LED harnesses). This meant adding some wires in my existing NAR 4/5 pin harnesses (foglight, turn signals) as well as a couple wires to the new 8 pin connectors.

Because I expect that some time would pass between switching tail lights, I wanted to leave it so that all three kinds of taillights could be run with the standard factory coding for each configuration. That way, five or six years from now, I wouldn't have to remember special coding tricks or wiring configs when swapping over. I could just switch to a standard coding configuration.

I realize that for most people a pre-made harness offers more advantages (less work, less coding, the conversion harness can be easily removed with the tail lights), but for those of you interested in maximum flexibility, this is a nice way to go. And you really only need to remove the lower A pillar trim, the sill cover plate and the wheel house trim next to the rear seat.

Here's a map for those that are interested:

bbjwvr6

Passed Driver's Ed
MK7.5 pace Car tweak w/3rd brake light...

Pace Car Hazards w/Third Brake Light tweak:

Pace Car/Brake Light Tweak

So one of the (few) advantages of running the extra wires to the BCM is that you get independent control of the inner turn signals. That means that you can do things like the pace car hazards, as I first saw described here:

Pace Car Tweak

As well as the third brake light tweak:

Third Brake Light Tweak

The challenge with these tweaks and the facelift tails is that both tweaks were designed before the sweeping turn signals, and use the same mechanism, namely the "Aktive Blinkfunktion hat ein auf 1 gesetztes..." function in the design of the tweak. With the factory coding of the sweeps/27NSL, it is impossible to use these tweaks. But Zero815 has a very clever way of intiating the sweeps on 27NSL that inverts the logic of this function. By using his 27NSL coding, the tweaks can work as designed, but all the settings for the "Dyn. turn signal mode..." channels need to be inverted.

Here is a full reference map for both the factory coding of the 7.5 tail lights as well as the revised coding with the tweaks.

Or more directly, here is the code that needs to be changed to enact these tweaks, applicable only to cars with factory channel configurations of the 7.5 dynamics:

1)-Dyn. turn signal modes-Schluessel_Anlern_Blinken not active
(2)-Dyn. turn signal modes-UGDO_ Anlern_Blinken not active
(3)-Dyn. turn signal modes-ZV_Blinken_zu not active
(4)-Dyn. turn signal modes-ZV_Blinken_auf not active
(5)-Dyn. turn signal modes-Telematikblinken_STS_Blinken active
(5)-Dyn. turn signal modes-Telematikblinken1_STS_Blinken Telematikblinken2_OCU_Blinken active
(6)-Dyn. turn signal modes-DWA_Schaerfungsquittung not active
(7)-Dyn. turn signal modes-DWA_Alarm_Blinken active
(8)-Dyn. turn signal modes-Taxialarmblinken active
(9)-Dyn. turn signal modes-Panikblinken active
(10)-Dyn. turn signal modes-Multi_kollisions_Blinken active
(11)-Dyn. turn signal modes-Notwarn_blinken_NBA_Phase_2 active
(12)-Dyn. turn signal modes-Richtungs_blinken_rechts not active
(13)-Dyn. turn signal modes-Richtungs_blinken_links not active
(14)-Dyn. turn signal modes-ABBA_Blinken active
(15)-Dyn. turn signal modes-Crash flashing active
(15)-Dyn. turn signal modes-Crashblinken active
(16)-Dyn. turn signal modes-Warnblinken_Zuendung_EIN active
(17)-Dyn. turn signal modes-Warnblinken_Zuendung_AUS active
(18)-Dyn. turn signal modes-Emergency_alert_blinken active

(1)-Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Lasttyp 16 38 - LED Blinkleuchten
(2)-Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Lampendefektbitposition 16 0
(3)-Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 16 41
(4)-Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Lichtfunktion A 16 Blinken links Hellphase
(5)-Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Lichtfunktion B 16 Aktive Blinkfunktion hat ein auf 1 gesetztes zugeordnetes Bit in pa_dynamisch_blinken
(6)-Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Dimmwert AB 16 127
(7)-Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Lichtansteuerung HD AB 16 Always
(8)-Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Lichtfunktion C 16 Blinken rechts Hellphase
(9)-Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Lichtfunktion D 16 not active
(10)-Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Dimmwert CD 16 0
(11)-Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Dimming Direction CD 16 minimize

(1)-Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Lasttyp 17 38 - LED Blinkleuchten
(2)-Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Lampendefektbitposition 17 0
(3)-Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 17 42
(4)-Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Lichtfunktion A 17 Blinken rechts Hellphase
(5)-Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Lichtfunktion B 17 Aktive Blinkfunktion hat ein auf 1 gesetztes zugeordnetes Bit in pa_dynamisch_blinken
(6)-Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Dimmwert AB 17 127
(7)-Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Lichtansteuerung HD AB 17 Always
(8)-Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Lichtfunktion C 17 Blinken links Hellphase
(9)-Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Lichtfunktion D 17 not active
(10)-Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Dimmwert CD 17 0
(11)-Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Dimming Direction CD 17 minimize

(1)-Leuchte22BR MA57-Lasttyp 22 42 - LED dritte Bremsleuchte
(2)-Leuchte22BR MA57-Lampendefektbitposition 22 29
(3)-Leuchte22BR MA57-Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 22 2C
(4)-Leuchte22BR MA57-Lichtfunktion A 22 Aktive Blinkfunktion hat ein auf 1 gesetztes zugeordnetes Bit in pa_dynamisch_blinken
(5)-Leuchte22BR MA57-Lichtfunktion B 22 not active
(6)-Leuchte22BR MA57-Dimmwert AB 22 100
(7)-Leuchte22BR MA57-Lichtansteuerung HD AB 22 Always
(8)-Leuchte22BR MA57-Lichtfunktion C 22 Blinken links Hellphase
(9)-Leuchte22BR MA57-Lichtfunktion D 22 Blinken rechts Hellphase
(10)-Leuchte22BR MA57-Dimmwert CD 22 0
(11)-Leuchte22BR MA57-Dimming Direction CD 22 Minimize
(12)-Leuchte22BR MA57-Lichtfunktion E 22 Brake light
(13)-Leuchte22BR MA57-Lichtfunktion F 22 not active
(14)-Leuchte22BR MA57-Dimmwert EF 22 100
(15)-Leuchte22BR MA57-Dimming Direction EF 22 maximize

(1)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lasttyp 27 36 - LED Kleinleistung
(2)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lampendefektbitposition 27 0
(3)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 27 0
(4)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion A 27 Klemme 30G
(5)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion B 27 not active
(6)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimmwert AB 27 127
(7)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtansteuerung HD AB 27 Always
(8)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion C 27 Aktive Blinkfunktion hat ein auf 1 gesetztes zugeordnetes Bit in pa_dynamisch_blinken
(9)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion D 27 not active
(10)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimmwert CD 27 0
(11)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimming Direction CD 27 minimize

Last edited:

Varinn

Passed Driver's Ed
This is probably not as simple as I would like and I tried to search but didn't see the answer exactly. I'm sure it's buried in the 150+ pages here somewhere.

I have a 2018 Canadian Golf R and overall I actually like the NA lowline tails but I would much prefer an amber turn signal.

If I ordered 5G0945095Q and 5G0945096Q (euro lowline outers) would it be pretty much plug and play or with simple rewiring/pinning? From what I can see the NA setup uses the same portion of the light plus the little strip above it but ours are red. I'm figuring the only difference is the PCB for the ROW housings runs the signal to two lights instead of our one but I might be out to lunch, I'm new to the VW method of thinking.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
It’s not plug and play. VW uses different connector housing colors that have a mechanical coding feature. You either need to remove this feature or buy new black housings. On each side two wires need to be relocated. With this change you lose the single sided parking light ability but gain independent turn signals. Finally some coding needs to be performed with VCDS or obdeleven.

An adapter between current vehicle wiring and ROW might also be an option.