GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Dead chat.

Anyone doing fun projects to their cars? My car has not made much progress unfortunately. Been too busy working on other peoples cars.

Last saturday was a busy day, installed a MAPerformance downpipe on a mk7 - really nice quality and perfect fitment. One of the better downpipes I've seen for this platform.

On another GTI did brakes and rotors along with installing an E85 gauge from Innovate. This is a really clever kit, straightforward install and makes folks running corn get their mixture exactly where they want it without all the measuring.

Then I worked on a c6 corvette which is track built, changed out pads, and changed all of the fluids. I've never really been into american cars but have worked on a few vettes lately and they are really growing on me.

fretburnr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Lately I've had to do absolutely nothing to the car, just the way I like it these days!

I'm ordering some track pads, fluid, and RS3 brake deflectors for later in the season.

fretburnr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Nice - Laps is a great organization, I know Shawn and Ken really well. I really enjoy their track days.

Cool! I haven't run with them yet. Mostly with WCBMW (been with them a long time) and I used to hit some of the Gingerman test-n-tune days way back when.

TimFell

Ready to race!
Got Konig Rennforms for the GTI. Check it out!

35429351_10156528281344390_8078687493542641664_n.jpg

35415020_933789136800281_14368937642819584_n.jpg

35296878_933789143466947_4657989863277068288_n.jpg

Dead chat.

Anyone doing fun projects to their cars? My car has not made much progress unfortunately. Been too busy working on other peoples cars.

Last saturday was a busy day, installed a MAPerformance downpipe on a mk7 - really nice quality and perfect fitment. One of the better downpipes I've seen for this platform.

On another GTI did brakes and rotors along with installing an E85 gauge from Innovate. This is a really clever kit, straightforward install and makes folks running corn get their mixture exactly where they want it without all the measuring.

Then I worked on a c6 corvette which is track built, changed out pads, and changed all of the fluids. I've never really been into american cars but have worked on a few vettes lately and they are really growing on me.

Sandbagger1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Got Konig Rennforms for the GTI. Check it out!

The wheels look good. I also have a black GTI and was wondering if that color would have enough contrast - it does. What's your tint percentage?

reemizzle

Ready to race!
Anyone interested in purchasing a set of ECS ball seat stud conversion/flush kit? Bought a pair for the GTI never put them on and traded it in. 250 new would let them go for 200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Anyone interested in purchasing a set of ECS ball seat stud conversion/flush kit? Bought a pair for the GTI never put them on and traded it in. 250 new would let them go for 200

Not interested but curious what you traded in for?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
New S3

Ah maybe I saw a post on that. How do you like it?

reemizzle

Ready to race!
Ah maybe I saw a post on that. How do you like it?

I love it. Power is 100% different. My GTI was APR stage 2, but the power on the S3 feels so much more smooth. Torque isn’t high like the GTI was but the power is there. And I have the S sport seats which are [emoji1419]

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
I love it. Power is 100% different. My GTI was APR stage 2, but the power on the S3 feels so much more smooth. Torque isn’t high like the GTI was but the power is there. And I have the S sport seats which are [emoji1419]

Haha so bad ass!!!

It's on my short list one day.