Apparent harness that come with it

Last edited:

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

bbjwvr6

Passed Driver's Ed
Does 5G2052200B come with the harness? I’m a little unclear.

Doubtful. The 200C kit only includes three wires. A yellow wire to connect to the BCM and distribute the Dynamic channel to each of the four lights. And white and blue wires to jump the Tail/Power from the outer pin 2 to the inner pin 4.

The instructions expect you to de-pin your 4/5 pin connectors and move the wires to new 8 pin connectors that are not included in the kit.

To make matters worse, the kit (configured per the included instructions) is only compatible with late MY17 ROW cars which have completely different wiring than earlier models. As best as I can tell, the late MY17 wiring brings the inner turn signal channels to the 5 pin connectors. These wires were absent from previous ROW cars.

If you were seeking to follow the instructions with the kit and get full OEM compatibility, you would need to bring two extra wires to the BCM (in addition to the included yellow one), if you have a pre mid MY2017 ROW car, and you would four additional wires if you have a pre 2018 NAR car.

2018 NAR cars, might be able to make the kit work out of the box, but would still need to run the included yellow wire to the BCM, if you are doing this per instructions.

Last edited:

TVeliskos

Doubtful. The 200C kit only includes three wires. A yellow wire to connect to the BCM and distribute the Dynamic channel to each of the four lights. And white and blue wires to jump the Tail/Power from the outer pin 2 to the inner pin 4.

The instructions expect you to de-pin your 4/5 pin connectors and move the wires to new 8 pin connectors that are not included in the kit.

To make matters worse, the kit is only compatible with late MY17 ROW cars which have completely different wiring than earlier models. As best as I can tell, the late MY17 wiring brings the inner turn signals channels to the 5 pin connectors. These wires were absent from previous ROW cars.

If you were seeking to follow the instructions with the kit and get full OEM compatibility, you would need to bring two extra wires to the BCM (in addition to the included yellow one), if you have a pre mid MY2017 ROW car, and four additional wires if you have a pre 2018 NAR car.

2018 NAR cars, might be able to make the kit work out of the box, but would still need to run the included yellow wire to the BCM, if you are doing this per instructions.

So if I'm understanding this correctly if I were to order this 200C kit and try to install it on my 2017 NAR GTI, I would need not only a wiring harness but also the additional wires mentioned above?

This 200C kit comes in at $549 on e-acca where as buying each of the four individual parts listed on page 1 of this thread would cost roughly $620 on e-acca.

I'd like to save a few bucks on the lights themselves but not if it's going to be a headache.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
So if I'm understanding this correctly if I were to order this 200C kit and try to install it on my 2017 NAR GTI, I would need not only a wiring harness but also the additional wires mentioned above?

This 200C kit comes in at $549 on e-acca where as buying each of the four individual parts listed on page 1 of this thread would cost roughly $620 on e-acca.

I'd like to save a few bucks on the lights themselves but not if it's going to be a headache.

You can get all light functions working - including the amber turn signal sweep - with just an adapter harness. Adding wires between the BCM and the tails makes it more OEM+ but it's not necessary.

bbjwvr6

Passed Driver's Ed
You can get all light functions working - including the amber turn signal sweep - with just an adapter harness. Adding wires between the BCM and the tails makes it more OEM+ but it's not necessary.

Yes. I did not mean to suggest that any one of the aftermarket harnesses would not work. Just that people with older cars should not think the wiring in the box will be of much use. The included lights are identical to the separately purchased parts as far as I can tell.

SVTunit

Ready to race!

I would like to confirm this as well for my 2018 MK7.5. Can someone confirm that the contents of the 5G1052200C kit are:

Left outer - 5G0945207G
Right outer - 5G0945208G
Left inner - 5G0945307Q w/o rear fog
Right inner - 5G0945308P w/o rear fog

The only additional item needed would be the harness?

bbjwvr6

Passed Driver's Ed
I would like to confirm this as well for my 2018 MK7.5. Can someone confirm that the contents of the 5G1052200C kit are:

Left outer - 5G0945207G
Right outer - 5G0945208G
Left inner - 5G0945307Q w/o rear fog

The only additional item needed would be the harness?

The 5G1 052 200C kit includes:

Left outer - 5G0945207G
Right outer - 5G0945208G
Left inner - 5G0945307P w/ rear fog

All you need in addition is a harness and the correct coding for the harness you purchase or make.

SVTunit

Ready to race!
The 5G1 052 200C kit includes:

Left outer - 5G0945207G
Right outer - 5G0945208G
Left inner - 5G0945307P w/ rear fog

All you need in addition is a harness and the correct coding for the harness you purchase or make.

Thanks for the confirmation! :D

SVTunit

Ready to race!
I second ZERO815! I sent him payment yesterday and Michael had my harness completed and shipped today! :D

LFTMON

Ready to race!
So the harness available in “B” can potentially work if hard wired to the BCM OEM style? (RHD)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

etrips

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golfffff Rrrrrr
So assuming that I was able to install the 7.5 tails along with the appropriate rear fog wires / coding. Is there anything else I need to turn them on?