GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
I just realized I need to buy a new firearm that will fit into the drawer under the seat of my GTI. Does anyone have any recommendations of a nice, reliable firearm that fits in that little drawer?

Christmas present for myself!

ruger lc9s

takemorepills

Ready to race!
But like automakers, the profits go to Germany.

Are you kidding? I know people use this same logic when talking about "domestic" vehicles.

When "profits" go to "American" businessmen, they just use the profit money to invest in Chinese factories so they can eventually build their stuff in China.

My tools of 11 years were recently stolen, mostly Kleins, Fluke, Crescent. Klein is making less and less in USA, Crescent is all China now as is Fluke, my formerly 100% USA tool bag has to be replaced with "American" brand tools made in China now. And I bought all of that stuff 11 years ago (Aside from the Fluke, it was older) BECAUSE it was made in USA. They just took my money and fired Americans with it.

A German company wants to employ Americans, and you would avoid them but I bet you'd give your money to an "American" company that would outsource if it had half a chance?

SRoads

Ready to race!
Are you kidding? I know people use this same logic when talking about "domestic" vehicles.

When "profits" go to "American" businessmen, they just use the profit money to invest in Chinese factories so they can eventually build their stuff in China.

My tools of 11 years were recently stolen, mostly Kleins, Fluke, Crescent. Klein is making less and less in USA, Crescent is all China now as is Fluke, my formerly 100% USA tool bag has to be replaced with "American" brand tools made in China now. And I bought all of that stuff 11 years ago (Aside from the Fluke, it was older) BECAUSE it was made in USA. They just took my money and fired Americans with it.

A German company wants to employ Americans, and you would avoid them but I bet you'd give your money to an "American" company that would outsource if it had half a chance?

Amen...brother.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie

Truth. I try to support American small businesses. American large business lost my faith decades ago. Like when my dad was let go with 40 years at Playtex. They made him train the Malaysian plant managers that would take his job and oversee packing up of the machinery in Dover before they would give the severance check.

armedferret

Ready to race!
But like automakers, the profits go to Germany.

After they provide pay and benefits to a couple thousand people in the US first.

Your ignorance on this subject is highly unfortunate.

Springfield Armory is an "amurrican" firearm company. Their flagship polymer pistol is Croatian, and their 1911s are mostly made in Brazil. So fucking what?

SRoads

Ready to race!
After they provide pay and benefits to a couple thousand people in the US first.

Springfield Armory is an "amurrican" firearm company. Their flagship polymer pistol is Croatian, and their 1911s are mostly made in Brazil. So fucking what?

I bought a springfield product once...never again...

Hoon

Autocross Champion

There's more truth to what The Fed is saying than you seem to want to acknowledge...at least with automakers, most of the high paying jobs and profits go to the country of origin, the only thing in the US are bullshit $14/hr assembly jobs.

I bought a springfield product once...never again...

Some of them work, some of them suck.

I don't like 1911s, and I prefer other Tupperware pistols.

Maybe an M1A at some point, but you can build a badass AR10 for less $.

Either way, I'm not a fan of Springfield and I'm out of the gun market for awhile.

I have way too much $$ in guns, ammo, reloading equipment, etc.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
I just sold my Springfield 1911 Compact. Shortest time owning a gun ever for me. Returning to battery issues with all but one factory magazine, sloppy slide, and a trigger that makes the clutch in an '82 Kenworth look easy. People told me to "have it gone over" and "have slide work done". Two things not one of my Smiths have never ever needed. It was used, but looked new, and had little to no signs of wear on it. yet, I couldn't hit the side of a barn with it.

Meanwhile, I'm hitting a barn three times as far with a 1934 .380 Regia Marina Berreta. Weird.

It was amazing what a Springfield fetches on the market though even second or third hand...flipped that baby into a Hungarian AK side folder :)

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
I think Springfield Armory is grossly overrated, and overpriced. Which go hand in hand really. I still want an M1A Scout, but, I don't want to pay for any I find. I'd rather spend that cash on an excellent condition 'murican AF M1 Garand.

Springfield and Rock River didn't do themselves any favors with the BS they pulled earlier this year in regards to sellers permits in Il.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
First time popping in here.
I'm looking for a smaller .40.
Used to have a Glock G27 but I want something a little bigger (but still not full sized) and I do not want another Glock.
I was thinking something made by Sig or H&K.
Anyone here have any opinions of the 2 or can suggest another option (and no I don't want a Springfield either lol.)

Only firearms currently owned are a .22 Ruger rifle, and a blue 4" Colt Python.

armedferret

Ready to race!
I think Springfield Armory is grossly overrated, and overpriced. Which go hand in hand really. I still want an M1A Scout, but, I don't want to pay for any I find. I'd rather spend that cash on an excellent condition 'murican AF M1 Garand.

Springfield and Rock River didn't do themselves any favors with the BS they pulled earlier this year in regards to sellers permits in Il.

I do indeed love my Range Officer. Picked it up last year on Black Friday at the PX on base (so no sales tax) for about 650 all in. I probably wouldn't pay the 850+ they go for discounted on gunbroker, but at 650 it's honestly an astonishingly good gun.

They do make some nice stuff, but to get GOOD stuff from them, they're incredibly proud of that good stuff and price it way above what its true competition is priced at.

This is also coming from a guy who doesn't pay more than $425 for a brand new Glock so...take that for what it's worth :p

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
I do indeed love my Range Officer. Picked it up last year on Black Friday at the PX on base (so no sales tax) for about 650 all in. I probably wouldn't pay the 850+ they go for discounted on gunbroker, but at 650 it's honestly an astonishingly good gun.

They do make some nice stuff, but to get GOOD stuff from them, they're incredibly proud of that good stuff and price it way above what its true competition is priced at.

This is also coming from a guy who doesn't pay more than $425 for a brand new Glock so...take that for what it's worth :p

Fair points. That is indeed a great deal on that piece, and makes it better then it's more expensive siblings, significantly.

Their pride has cost them some sales, but, I'm sure they're fine with that. My buddy spent $525 for an XDs 9mm. My other buddy has the Shield 9 2.0, for $299. I think I know which I'd buy :)

Yea yea, rub it in! Haha