GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best Coil Over MK7??

PlaidDad

Ready to race!
I wouldn't go with kw. There are a few people that had issues with them on this chassis and their customer service sucked for them.

I had ST which are made by kw and I had issues too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you have the ST X? Looking at a used SE w low miles that has them, the car looks like it's set up to ride pretty low. I'd likely raise it back up a bit.

Are the dampers adjustable, or just the ride height?

Thx

USA

Ready to race!
Tons of people have issues with KW/ST, look at VWroc forums on the KW ddc and its nothing but shit parts and problems out the wazoo, not to mention KW has terrible customer service.
I have never had KWs but I have heard of issues and no good customer service. Probably going Bilsteins

terp_man

Passed Driver's Ed
I have never had KWs but I have heard of issues and no good customer service. Probably going Bilsteins

I’m going Bilstein bb14 with Neuspeed Sport spring (wait for Black Friday)

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I’d give you a ride in my ‘17 SE with Bilstein B16 but Texas might be to far away from Cincinnati.

Did you check on locals what they are on and test it?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
ST were bad on mk6 too. I installed a set brand new on a mk6 Tdi for a friend, they were blown after 30k miles

I've heard nothing but god about bilstein

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
You could try an MSS kit on the stock shocks before trying coilovers...

I drove a friend's Golf R with that setup. He also had DCC.

It feels like the suspension modes got bumped up a notch... That is Comfort now = normal... Race = Race+. But the ride was still very well controlled and didn't crash around too much.

SRoads

Ready to race!
I drove a friend's Golf R with that setup. He also had DCC.

It feels like the suspension modes got bumped up a notch... That is Comfort now = normal... Race = Race+. But the ride was still very well controlled and didn't crash around too much.

APR also has a set of DCC compatible springs.

McCabe89

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Evo X & Golf R
It's a shame that KW seems to have issues with their setup on this chassis. I've had V1s and V3s on previous cars and loved them. Here's a quick link I found about the KWs:
http://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/18117-kw-ddc-coilovers-for-mk7-r-beware-before-ordering/

I guess Bilstein will get my business when the time comes for coilovers.

Seems like the vast majority of people on the forum in your link are from Europe and even more west. I'm wondering if there has been the same issues in North America. I'm looking at the V1's or Street Comforts for my GTI.

ExcelerateRep1

Go Kart Champion
You could try an MSS kit on the stock shocks before trying coilovers...

I definitely agree with this. The MSS Kit is a great option I would be happy to answer any questions about these kits.You can read more about them here. I run the sport kit in my car and absolutely love it.

Transforms the way the DCC works entirely.

Bilstein has continually delayed their coilover kit for the MK7 with DCC for whatever reason. There are numerous complaints about the KW setup. There is no good solution right now for those wanting to ditch the factory controls or retain it with a bolt on plug and play coilover.

njavier03

Ready to race!
BC ftw! I've heard nothing but great things about them, and they're rebuild-able. Therefore, if something happens to break, you can replace that part, without having to get a whole new unit. Idk if they have DCC compatibility though.