GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

deathmonkey

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice which exhaust did you go with?

Someone was selling a custom one they made on the forums, it's 3" stainless all the way through with a Borla muffler and some Vibrant resonators, and it has Akrapovic carbon fiber tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Someone was selling a custom one they made on the forums, it's 3" stainless all the way through with a Borla muffler and some Vibrant resonators, and it has Akrapovic carbon fiber tips.

Not bad, I bet it sounds great.

What's the local install rate for VWR springs on my MK7?

$300 is about the going rate.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Ugh I'm seeing a trend in poorly fitting parts lately for mk7's. I installed a circuitwerks downpipe for a mk7 guy last night. The fitment was terrible. I understand trying to save a buck but good lord.

On a side note, I had a side job cancel on me for tomorrow morning. If anyone wants a DSG service done for CHEAP tomorrow morning PM me. I'm on the north side of chicago. $260 with oem fluid and filter tomorrow only.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
The MK7 Facebook group nut swings pretty hard on the Circuit Werks downpipes. Probably because the shop owner is an active poster.

He's one of the guys that started the group. Its amazing how many people run it. Any most post about fitment issues, and more people buy it.

auditthxckid

Ready to race!
Hey guys, I just installed a turbo back exhaust from awe and I'm getting a metal rattle by my feet. Does anyone have any suggestions or would mind providing some help? The exhaust is completely installed.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, I just installed a turbo back exhaust from awe and I'm getting a metal rattle by my feet. Does anyone have any suggestions or would mind providing some help? The exhaust is completely installed.

Is your downpipe coming in contact with the Heat shield?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk