GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BFI - MK7/MQB Torque Arm Insert

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them

eboord87

I tried to install a couple days ago when I only had the white lithium spray...no luck, so I went back to stock until I could run out to get silicone spray. Made a huge difference, but still took a little muscle.

No issue during test run, but my second time in the car (almost 3 hr trip) I started noticing an odd type of vibration. There is the obvious vibration during idle, but it would make a rubbing/rattling type of noise/vibration under heavy throttle and especially uphill. I haven't put 300 miles on it yet, but I wanted to see if anyone else had this happen.

I would like to redo it all just to double check everything, but I don't have a parking lot that I can do work in (not allowed and its super slanted).

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
I tried to install a couple days ago when I only had the white lithium spray...no luck, so I went back to stock until I could run out to get silicone spray. Made a huge difference, but still took a little muscle.

No issue during test run, but my second time in the car (almost 3 hr trip) I started noticing an odd type of vibration. There is the obvious vibration during idle, but it would make a rubbing/rattling type of noise/vibration under heavy throttle and especially uphill. I haven't put 300 miles on it yet, but I wanted to see if anyone else had this happen.

I would like to redo it all just to double check everything, but I don't have a parking lot that I can do work in (not allowed and its super slanted).

This will be your solution: https://store.034motorsport.com/mqb...golf-gti-r-8v-audi-a3-s3-billet-aluminum.html

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them

In the beginning there will be a noticeable increase in NVH, but after a break in period of 500-1000 miles that will calm down quite a bit.

eboord87

In the beginning there will be a noticeable increase in NVH, but after a break in period of 500-1000 miles that will calm down quite a bit.

I was expecting that, but it's a very..I guess violent type of vibration. Definitely not normal and feels/sounds bad. I have to keep light throttle until 4th or 5th gear just to avoid it. It comes on really abruptly if I put the throttle down much at all. I've put probably 400+ miles on it at this point and it hasn't gotten any better. I'm also completely stock other than this and a VWR drop in, so no added power.

Edit: I also have the 2017 GTI sport w/ PP...not sure if maybe this model has any difference in mount setup, but I figured I would throw this out there in case it does

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them
I was expecting that, but it's a very..I guess violent type of vibration. Definitely not normal and feels/sounds bad. I have to keep light throttle until 4th or 5th gear just to avoid it. It comes on really abruptly if I put the throttle down much at all. I've put probably 400+ miles on it at this point and it hasn't gotten any better. I'm also completely stock other than this and a VWR drop in, so no added power.

Edit: I also have the 2017 GTI sport w/ PP...not sure if maybe this model has any difference in mount setup, but I figured I would throw this out there in case it does

I just sent you a PM with a few questions. :)

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
I got one of these from a member and he stated it was version 2. I can't get the rear section in at all. The two small sections up front slide in. The rear looks like the shape of the opening, but it's way too tight. My driveway is sloped, so I tried both ways in case that was causing a load on it. Definitely a no go even with lots of silicone spray and a mallet. How do I tell if the insert is definitely version 2? My mount is