GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what annoys you about your mk7!

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
The wind noise on the front windshield and the awkward slapping air into the cabin at 50+mph when you have the front windows down. Never experienced either on other cars I've owned.

My doors behave like kashh described. Either not open enough to easily get out or ALL the way open.
I had this conversation with a gentlemen at work today actually. He said cars never used to do it, for me though every somewhat new or new car I have ever been in, save a pickup truck, does the "helicopter effect". Very annoying indeed.

aadouglass.13

Passed Driver's Ed
Not so much a rattling sound but more like a stretching sound or a combo of the two. It's certainly a different sound. It comes from my driver side window towards the seat side. Only hear it when going over uneven surfaces. If I roll the window down at all, wether it be 1mm or all the way down the sound goes away. It does t get drowned out from wind sound, it actually goes away. It drives me insane

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

fuelboss

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI MK7.5 DSG
Irritating Humming, Droning cabin noise on 7.5 TSI

Bloody awful humming, droning, call it whatever you like sound. Changed all 4 tyres from Dunlop Sport Max to Eagle F1's and no change so that was a waste of money. Its there at low speed and increases in level on an increase in speed. It does it when coasting to a halt with DSG in neutral. Car has only done 2000 miles.

I cant believe its a wheel bearing and I cannot tell if it comes from the front or rear. I don't imagine the dealer will show any interest in this at all. They will probably tell me to turn up the volume.

Disappointing in a car of this price as the car itself is actually very good considering I have come down from a MK7 GTI performance fitted with a JB1.

Strange that you don't notice these things on a test drive. They always seem to appear after you have parted with the cash.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
I cant believe its a wheel bearing and I cannot tell if it comes from the front or rear. I don't imagine the dealer will show any interest in this at all. They will probably tell me to turn up the volume.

You can tell wheel bearings if it changes tone when going around a corner.

Always worth asking a dealer about it, nothing to loose.

yakuza70

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure if this was mentioned earlier as I didn't want to read through 76 pages but I really hate how the up and down shifting is backwards on the DSG while in manual mode. Pulling back towards you should be up shifting and pushing forward should be downshifting.

vjmvjm

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S DSG PP
Bloody awful humming, droning, call it whatever you like sound. Changed all 4 tyres from Dunlop Sport Max to Eagle F1's and no change so that was a waste of money. Its there at low speed and increases in level on an increase in speed. It does it when coasting to a halt with DSG in neutral. Car has only done 2000 miles.

Disappointing in a car of this price as the car itself is actually very good considering I have come down from a MK7 GTI performance fitted with a JB1.

Strange that you don't notice these things on a test drive. They always seem to appear after you have parted with the cash.

1. Could be a wheel bearing. Had one replaced (right front), noise started at under 10,000 miles.

2. Unplug the Soundaktor.

Vic

fuelboss

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI MK7.5 DSG
1. Could be a wheel bearing. Had one replaced (right front), noise started at under 10,000 miles.

2. Unplug the Soundaktor.

Vic

Vic,

No soundaktor on this new 1.5GT TSI EVO etc etc.
Wife believes its from the left rear. Now removing everything from the rear end and going out for another run to see if we can pinpoint the sound. It really is quite intrusive. Dealer will take a look on Friday. I have until next Tuesday to reject the car and change to another. Nearly 4-years on my GTI and a very quiet cabin after fitting Eagle F1's so I didn't expect this noise from a newer model.

Rich

Scober

Passed Driver's Ed
The front seat sits BEHIND the B pillar when adjusted for me (6') making exiting more difficult than it should be on my 4-door. I suspect 2-doors don't have this problem. On the other hand, that's also a safety benefit in the event of a side collision

officerwoo

The fact that every light in the front is a different color. Absolutely drives me nuts that someone thought that was a good idea.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Petey T

Go Kart Champion
Omgggg me too!! If you're not going to offer the lighting package as standard on the S models why make LED fogs standard? literally three different colors when the lights are on.......

The fact that every light in the front is a different color. Absolutely drives me nuts that someone thought that was a good idea.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk