GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hoon

Autocross Champion
How far away is the Tuning required on the Tomioka turbo VS the IS38 software file?

Is custom tuning mandatory on the Tomioka?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to start calling you Oldschool.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
I'm going to start calling you Oldschool.

Haha not quite there yet, my current build a lot more than 900$ in performance mods!

2100$ US for the Tomioka. Quite steep when converted to CDN. Guess I’m going to stick to the IS38 route

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Haha not quite there yet, my current build a lot more than 900$ in performance mods!

2100$ US for the Tomioka. Quite steep when converted to CDN. Guess I’m going to stick to the IS38 route

Understood, but if you're going to drop the $$ on a turbo upgrade, plus the $$ for labor or your time to install, it doesn't make sense to half ass the tuning solution, as that really is the most important part.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
I would agree with ^. If you are going to install a new turbo, pay for the custom E tune or protune to not only protect your investment, but get the most out of your investment!!

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Understood, but if you're going to drop the $$ on a turbo upgrade, plus the $$ for labor or your time to install, it doesn't make sense to half ass the tuning solution, as that really is the most important part.

Yup you’re right. This makes absolute sense!

As much as the Tomioka seems appealing, i’m looking for a lower price point and keeping a similar tuning solution.

teemmy

Ready to race!
No specs yet I don't think.

ooOOOO, I wonder what the price point will be with trading in the ihx475

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Yup you’re right. This makes absolute sense!

As much as the Tomioka seems appealing, i’m looking for a lower price point and keeping a similar tuning solution.

If you find one without all the added fixings, its like a $600 upgrade from a stock IS38. Considering a few locals have popped turbos, I wouldn't chance metal everywhere for $600, especially when you can do the install yourself (with me hahaha).

Try to find a Tomioka or get the EQT Marc. Both are $1800 US.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
If you find one without all the added fixings, its like a $600 upgrade from a stock IS38. Considering a few locals have popped turbos, I wouldn't chance metal everywhere for $600, especially when you can do the install yourself (with me hahaha).

Try to find a Tomioka or get the EQT Marc. Both are $1800 US.

To add to this, ship it to a US address and bring it over to save on the .. cough *fees*, many people in the GTA do that and is a good 8-12% savings in duties, customs or international shipping & handling etc.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
What's main difference between tamioka and EQT offering?

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
Another Tomioka running in the wild! HUUUUUGE thanks to the headband man Diggs for coming out and pretty much taking charge of the install. Top notch dude.

Haven't really gotten into it yet, as I am still getting everything buttoned up and making sure all the oil from the blown is38 go away.