• 2019-vw-volkswagen-golf-r-colors-1.jpg
    2019-vw-volkswagen-golf-r-colors-1.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

fretburnr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
It's about time! Now let me custom order a color on a GTI and I'm in!
(but not until it's time to replace my current one)

AAK1992

Passed Driver's Ed
Of course, it's only for the R... But I'm not sure how many people will want to stomach that $2500, that's Audi/Porsche territory color option costs...

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu
Of course, it's only for the R... But I'm not sure how many people will want to stomach that $2500, that's Audi/Porsche territory color option costs...

I’d say that’s a bargain compared to that of Audi/Porsche PTS or BMW Individual.

AAK1992

Passed Driver's Ed
I’d say that’s a bargain compared to that of Audi/Porsche PTS or BMW Individual.

Porsche's special colors are right around $2500, but you're right in that their personal color system is like $12K, but this is not that IMO. It's a lot more similar to special color, they're not matching a paint chip you bring in.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Isn’t it $4k in Canada? $2.5k for a “custom” color is a bargain. Try getting a full respray for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
I've always loved that popcorn yellow VW has been showing off ever since the 7.5 was announced. Unfortunately Golf R is wayyyyy out of budget, but if I was going to be spending $40k on a car to begin with, another two grand or so for what amounts to a factory custom paint job would be something I'd absolutely jump on.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jeffkro

Go Kart Champion
I've always loved that popcorn yellow VW has been showing off ever since the 7.5 was announced. Unfortunately Golf R is wayyyyy out of budget, but if I was going to be spending $40k on a car to begin with, another two grand or so for what amounts to a factory custom paint job would be something I'd absolutely jump on.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

A GTI with Mazda's soul red would be cool.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I'm just glad we get GFG on the GTI/Alltrack. I don't need those fancy colors... Though I'd love a yellow golf r lol

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Glad to see this and for $2,500 it’s a bargain.

I would have seriously considered it for my GTi if available but my car probably would have went from a $5,500 discount to sticker or close to since it’s a special order situation.

I honestly don’t care for the R and it’s lack of a sunroof. Sticky tires and lighter/wider wheels on a GTI is plenty of car for me, especially with the $12k cost delta.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Porsche's special colors are right around $2500, but you're right in that their personal color system is like $12K, but this is not that IMO. It's a lot more similar to special color, they're not matching a paint chip you bring in.

Most Porsche models have limited special color options (4 options for 718 and 911). I would say $2500 for a R is a bargain especially with so many options.